Fenders help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armyraptor

Roush Raptor in Qatar
Reaction score
Looking into Fiberglass fenders and am overwhelmed with look specifics and prices. I love the way RPG 4.5 fenders and bedsides look, but would it require a new bumper? and how difficult is it to remove the old fenders?

Secondly the Fiberwerks 1-piece hood intrigues me but I am iffy due to it saying "conversion" essentially bolt on or does it require a lot of modification?

anybody have advice or pictures of any/all these? Looking to do this possibly bedsides and 37's unless I have to get a new bumper then hopefully ADD bumpers work I find a used one and it's cheap haha.

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removing the stock fenders is easy. Buy a 5.5mm socket for the hex screws under the flare. I think most people that need aftermarket fenders probably see the benefits in an aftermarket bumper as well.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend FiberwerX +2.5" front and rear fenders and bedsides. Check out the group by that was set up back in October with 33 orders. From what I've gathered and personal experience they fit very well and follow the hood lines.

I can set you up for an order through Crownoffroad.com

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Front fenders are all pretty straight forward. I personally like the look at fit of the Boatec's. Internal bracing is great for reducing stress cracks. And the ADD Boatec inner fenders look great. http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/images/ADD Raptor Fender Inner installation instructions.pdf

Rear bed sides are not so easy. There is a thread that somewhat shows the process for removal, but it is pretty labor intensive. There is another thread that shows how to use the stock bedsides and 'raise' the wheel well opening to match the aftermarket fronts opening. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/rear-2in-flare-mod-stock-bedside-31698/?highlight=boatec

As far as the hood goes, why mess with perfection? It's already a fiberglass composite and shouldn't give you any problems down the road.

Anyway you go, do your research and be prepared for some intense work to get it right.

Just my $.02......

Good luck with your search!!!

Last edited: