Fenders & Bumpers: Matte Black OR White

Fenders & Bumpers: Matte Black Or Oxford White?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, my 2012 Scab in Oxford White will be in next Monday. I need opinions fast because I'm 50/50 on this whole issue.

So far I've gotten Matte Black Method Standards to put on the truck, but I'm stuck on what to paint my fender flares & bumpers. So far I'm doing the following aesthetics:

* Shaved Antenna
* Shaved Tailgate
* Painted Upper & Lower Grill (Matte Black)
* Painted Mirrors w/Reflector Deletes (Oxford White)
* Painted Hood & Side Vents (Matte Black)
* Line-X Skid Plate (Matte Black)
* Line-X Bedliner (Matte Black)
* Matte Black Rear Exit Dual Exhaust
* Powder-coating Fake Beadlocks on Methods (Matte Black)
* Painted Taillights & 3rd Brake Lights
* 5% tint All-Around & 50% windshield

The things I'm up in the air with are the following:

*Plastic Trim between Driver & Passenger Windows on Scab
- I want to vinyl this part with either gloss black or matte black

* Fender Flares & Bumpers
- I'm stuck on either Matte Black or Oxford White.
- Oxford White cons
* Plain Jane look, but Clean & simple
* Looks almost like a regular F150 from certain angles
* Looks like a commercial work truck in all white
- Matte Black cons
* Not sure how it'd look since no one else with white has done this
* Looks close to stock look

I really like the Oxford White because it's a clean look, but then again it will look plain & resemble a commercial work vehicle. The Matte Black is awesome, but I'm just weary on doing it because I haven't seen another white raptor go this route yet. I was set on doing all white, but now I'm in the middle after seeing an Orange raptor with matte black fenders. My detailer says he has wax & care products that won't hurt matte black so keeping the paint up would not be an issue & the cost to paint either color isn't different. The Oxford White route is a cleaner look, while the Matte Black route will make the truck look like it was meant to look, a big bad BRUTE, plus it'll match my rims.

So for the poll I'm going with 3 options:

* Fender Flares, Bumpers, & Handles: Matte Black
* Fender Flares & Bumpers: Matte Black & Handles: Oxford White
* Fender Flares, Bumpers, & Handles: Oxford White

Here's some pictures I've been looking at:

Painted Oxford White:
2b5mpi.jpg
352oe3k.jpg

Not Painted (similar Look to Matte black finish):
2r2t62t.jpg
qs5ibq.jpg

They had a guy post up a thread called "Gone Pre-Runner". It was a silver raptor, but the photos were edited & looked like a white raptor in some of his pics & this is what first inspired me to color match my raptor fenders. His pictures aren't up anymore, other than one.

Please give me your solid opinions, either way, I doubt I'll be disappointed, but I want the sickest look possible.

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that bottom truck! Knew would be more like it...

I say try out the matte black on the flares. It should look badass with the matte hood. Like you said too, nobody has done this yet. I would contemplate going all white on the mirrors. They tend to seem WAY bigger when they're all white.

Option A for me. Not a fan of color matched bumpers.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't have a matte hood, but I might vinyl the hood matte black later on. Good point on the mirrors, but IDK how great they'd look in matte black. I've liked the painted mirrors I've seen so far but I do agree they're a bit big.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be doing matte black. Thanks for helping me pull the trigger, I was scared that white would look better.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wrapping your fender flares and side mirrors is a great option if you wont be doing any close trail riding. Like tight as in trees and shit. If so think about linex or something like that.

I, like others, am not a fan of the painted flares and bumpers. I like the contrast.