GEN 1 Fender flares!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning all, I need a little advice here. So I was at my old house this morning and I backed into my old Jeep tearing my rear driver side fender flare in half and installing a nice scratch to boot.

Anyways has anyone ever installed those Bushwacker fender flares? I'll admit I'm not a fan of the exposed bolts, kind of reminds me of a mall crawler lol.

I've done a little searching around and I can't find any other options besides factory.

So what would you do? Upgrade the fenders or give Ford $400 for one piece of plastic? Lol.

Also while I make my decision are there any local vendors here that sell fenders that can give me a quote?

I blame the jeep by the way, or maybe working from three in the morning to for an afternoon for the last seven days straight lol

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I guess another option would be any of you guys or gals that have swapped out your fenders that have an extra one laying around and would be willing to slang it hit me up

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I guess another option would be any of you guys or gals that have swapped out your fenders that have an extra one laying around and would be willing to slang it hit me up

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

f0f9f9dc792082699757f9716712b347.jpg

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good morning all, I need a little advice here. So I was at my old house this morning and I backed into my old Jeep tearing my rear driver side fender flare in half and installing a nice scratch to boot. QUOTE]

Ugh - that sucks!!!

You didn't mention it, so I thought I'd just ask - are you going to report it to insurance? That looks like some pretty bad damage to the fender.

Aftermarket rear fenders are going to run around $425.00 each plus shipping. If you don't have aftermarket front fenders, we can quote those as well. Rear bedside fenders are quite the project as well. Not to deter you from installing them, but it's not a weekend warrior-type project.

I guess my point is, if you are wanting to stay stock and are going through insurance to repair, then get it all done under the claim.

Just my $.02 - I would stay away from the Bushwackers for our Raptors. They look pretty cheesy and will take away from the looks of the truck.

We are here to help you if you want to go aftermarket, though.....

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your staying stock just pay the man and be done with it. Or just leave it. Girl raptors really dig guys with scars.

If you put those gaudy tonka toy fenders on, I won't play with you.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think you could find someone's take off fender with a little patience. A little while back I think I saw where someone was selling their whole bed for like 1000 dollars. Post a want to buy fender flare thread and see what you get

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool guys thanks for your input. I'm thinking I'm going to go with the factory route. Quite a bit cheaper in that link, thanks again. Unfortunately I cannot leave it because I got it rigged to stay on there it busted the plastic tabs, it could probably last a couple months but.... I bought her new in 2014 and that's the first time I backed into something. I did have a woman hit my tire Mother's Day weekend and speed off it did more damage to her car though lol.

And yes those aftermarket flares or just funky. if they didn't have those exposed bolts I would seriously consider it but I don't need dots everywhere. I've always hated those things on jeeps. I showed them to my secretary who knows nothing about vehicles and she told me it made that truck look like a utility truck and not a sleek cool truck lol

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Good morning all, I need a little advice here. So I was at my old house this morning and I backed into my old Jeep tearing my rear driver side fender flare in half and installing a nice scratch to boot. QUOTE]

Ugh - that sucks!!!

You didn't mention it, so I thought I'd just ask - are you going to report it to insurance? That looks like some pretty bad damage to the fender.

Aftermarket rear fenders are going to run around $425.00 each plus shipping. If you don't have aftermarket front fenders, we can quote those as well. Rear bedside fenders are quite the project as well. Not to deter you from installing them, but it's not a weekend warrior-type project.

I guess my point is, if you are wanting to stay stock and are going through insurance to repair, then get it all done under the claim.

Just my $.02 - I would stay away from the Bushwackers for our Raptors. They look pretty cheesy and will take away from the looks of the truck.

We are here to help you if you want to go aftermarket, though.....

I actually found a set of four for under 300 bucks on 4WD.com I think it was a got the link on my office computer.
Yeah badass vendors are expensive I just paid close to 2K for some metalcloak's for my jeep
Edit, accidentally hit send. No insurance, I have so much insurance I'm scared to use it, it'd have to be many thousands lol, I've never used my insurance, business or personal. The raptor it's actually under my commercial policy.

So what's that 425 quote for bushsmackers? Or something more factory like?

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what's that 425 quote for bushsmackers? Or something more factory like?

No, that is for aftermarket fiberglass fenders from Boatec. They would be a +2" flare up and out. Makes it easier to fit larger tires and more closely matches the Boatec aftermarket front fenders. Obviously that price wouldn't include removal of your old fenders, installation and painting the new fenders, etc.... Just wanted to give you an idea of the cost of the rear Boatecs.

Good luck with your project, and let us know if we can help anywhere along the way!!!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
There might be some guys on here with stock fenders laying around that would sell you the flares for a little less