Fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I took my fender flares off today (a little time consuming trying to save all the clips) I cleaned them up really well with some hot water and soap then with some degreaser and alcohol 91% (not the drinking kind haha) now I'm sanding them down a little with some 600 grit ad tomorrow morning I'll start spraying those bad boys a flat slightly textured black ill post some pics when I get done. I'm not a big fan of te grey it kinda stood out too much for me so I figured a nice flat black will blend in but still stick out.:waytogo:

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the finished product. Flat black is something i have thought about painting my flares and vents.

Ageed. I am also looking forward to seeing the outcome and the textured finish should be cool! :peace:

OP
OP
pat'sRAPTOR

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure how textured it's gonna come out but the paint I got has a tiny bit of texture to is so we shall see

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the paint will be compatible with plastic? . . . right!

Otherwise, it's adhesion to plastic will be compromised.

I wonder if not using bodyshop paint w/flex agent in it;
if that Kylon Fusion paint would work. lots of color choices.

OP
OP
pat'sRAPTOR

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And the paint will be compatible with plastic? . . . right!

Otherwise, it's adhesion to plastic will be compromised.

I wonder if not using bodyshop paint w/flex agent in it;
if that Kylon Fusion paint would work. lots of color choices.

oh yea the paint i got from sherwin williams is used specifically for plastic plus i used a plastic adhesion promoter after i sanded and cleaned them really well then used a plastic primer on it, so there shouldn't be any problem with it sticking

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yea the paint i got from sherwin williams is used specifically for plastic plus i used a plastic adhesion promoter after i sanded and cleaned them really well then used a plastic primer on it, so there shouldn't be any problem with it sticking

"THANK YOU, SIR" . . . . But, you know . :birgits_tiredcoffee . you'll have to post pictures ~ :waytogo:

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did something similar, i do however have a set of wicked performance shop bumpers coming.

if not, i wouldn't have painted with out paint in the bumpers to match

raptorz.jpg

raptorz1.jpg