fender flare removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curtisre3

Reaction score
Hey guys don't know if this has been asked but I came up on some new carbon fiber fender flares. I was going to put them on but have been reading the clips are impossible to find. I wanted to see if any of you have removed the flares and if so had any advice.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I took my flares off a while back to do some temporary plasti dip and see how I liked them matte black.

There are screws on the bottoms of all 4 (at the end of the arc of the flare.) Also there are round push clips underneath on a small lip. Those can be removed easily with a clip remover which can be found at any auto store. After that, there are pressure release clips. Pull firmly but smoothly. Don't yank them.

(If any of this is incorrect, I apologize. That's the best I can remember)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

mootang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the fronts and it was pretty easy. like said, just go slow and don't force it. I also used a long flathead screwdriver to reach in and pinch the tabs to help them come out. you have to go in at an angle and pay attention to not scratch the fenders paint.

On a few of the clips it's easier to pop the clip out of the flare instead of the fender. then once the flare is off you can get the clip out of the fender real easy.

I'd like to see some pics of these carbon fiber flares if you could.

And if you plan to sell the stock rear flares please PM me as I would be interested in buying them.

--Scott

OP
OP
curtisre3

curtisre3

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to just sell them don't like the look as much as I tought I would thinking of going with tough coat