"F" "O" "R" "D" Letters Added to Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
(I have posted this modification in the Vendors Forum. Please excuse the repetition for those who have already read that thread)

I recently ordered raw aluminum grill letters from Custom Truck Shop. It was my hope to create a more aggressive looking grill that wasn't too "in your face". As we would most certainly all agree, the Raptor grill is one of the best grills ever to come from a auto or truck manufacturer. I attempted to place a little more accent to its character.

I had the letters Line-X'ed black. The vendor sent me screws with the letters, but I decided to try to achieve a more "manufactured" look: I went in search of stainless steel hex head bolts.

1/4" bolts were too large for the vendor drilled holes. I decided to attempt to find bolts that didn't require enlarging the holes. I found some 4mm by 25mm hex head bolts (stainless steel). The hex heads are 7mm.

Here is the result of my efforts:

DSC00606.jpg

A close up of the "O":

DSC00608.jpg

InMotionJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool Mod. I am looking for ideas for what to do with my grille currently as well.

spenny

Reaction score
I'm not too sure why people mod the Raptor grille. It's already pretty in-your-face compared to a regular F150, IMO.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
While the grill is HUGE compared to a F-150... it's all black and doesn't have the in your face the rest of the truck does like with it's bed graphics. without them the truck doesn't stand out as much.

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the order Deinonychus, those look awesome! Mind if I post those photos on our thread about these letter?

PITTcatch18

Reaction score
I really like this look and currently thinking about doing the same with my Black SCREW when it finally gets here. Just curious how much it cost you to have the letters Line-X'd?? And is there any major differences between the raw aluminum and stainless steel letters??

Thanks,

Dave

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like this look and currently thinking about doing the same with my Black SCREW when it finally gets here. Just curious how much it cost you to have the letters Line-X'd?? And is there any major differences between the raw aluminum and stainless steel letters??

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,
I can only speak to the cost of Line-Xing the letters. The truck shop that does all my work happens to have a good deal on business Line-Xing. They do it one to three trucks a day. They did my letters the same time they were doing a truck. My cost was free.

My largest cost was buying stainless steel bolts, nuts, and washers.