EZ Down nutsert problem SOLVED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these...should be here any day now. How will I know if it is the new or the old set-up? Do you have a part # or a pic?

Post a pic when you get it. We can tell you if it's the new one or not.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered mine back in mid-April and got the new style; all the old ones should be purged from the system.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one I ordered a year and a half ago for my F350 is still going strong. The one I ordered and installed 4 months ago is shit and has already fallen apart. I am not going to bother putting another on. They redesigned it and it is a ************* imo.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had mine for about a month, no problems yet. I like the locktite nut fix. Thats what I'll do with mine if it has trouble.

trentw12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the old style one for an 2008 f-150 on my Raptor. Installed in April still tight and working great. No cable issues or rubbing anywhere.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the new style expandable one. had being operative word. it worked itself loose, I went to re-tighten and it snapped off.

POS purchase - back to letting the gate slam down on open.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Samething happened to mine, but I emailed DeeZee and they did out the second one without questioning it. Someone posted a thread about putting the nut on back of the nutsert from inside the tailgate. If it fails again, that is the action I will take to fix it for the last time, I hope.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dee Zee sent me a replacement nutsert set. I'll give it another try and if it loosens up again, I'll try this new approach.

So I gave up on the DeeZee nutsert, and tried this approach. MUCH easier and definitely seems like I won't have to worry about it anymore.

rkehh

Reaction score
tailgate assist

i had a different problem. i installed the assist on the right side of the tailgate.wrong! the tailgate would lift out of the holder when lowered. so i called dee zee and asked if they could send me another ball thingy for the piston arm. much to my suprise they sent me a whole new tailgate assist. thank you dee zee .