Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications > Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum

Emblem Removal

This is a discussion on Emblem Removal within the Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! I just ordered a 2014 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, Ingot silver with blue ...

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes

Sponsored By: LEX Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Popcorn Emblem Removal

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I just ordered a 2014 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, Ingot silver with blue applique interior. During the ordering process, I requested that the emblems, i.e. "6.2L, F150, Raptor" not be attached/installed/applied to the truck. The sales representative said that there is no special ordering feature with the Ford computer. If I cannot get the factory to not apply the emblems, is it difficult to remove emblems without damaging paint?
I like the plain/clean look. Also I have purchased some "Hot Wheels" emblems from GM used on the 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels Edition.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

FRFapparel.com

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Prepare to get shit for the hot wheels emblems. As for the factory emblems, I have never heard of them not being applied via a special request. You could take them off once you get it. If I read another thread correctly, the driver's side emblem on the tailgate has holes behind it.
Conejoracer likes this.

MobileBeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
I put Hot Wheels decals below the SVT logo on my 2011 Molten Orange Raptor and people thought it was a special edition. Just did it for my six year old son who thinks the truck is a Hot Wheels truck.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I have not found any threads/posts for emblems yet.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by JPHay8 View Post
I just ordered a 2014 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, Ingot silver with blue applique interior. During the ordering process, I requested that the emblems, i.e. "6.2L, F150, Raptor" not be attached/installed/applied to the truck. The sales representative said that there is no special ordering feature with the Ford computer. If I cannot get the factory to not apply the emblems, is it difficult to remove emblems without damaging paint?
I like the plain/clean look. Also I have purchased some "Hot Wheels" emblems from GM used on the 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels Edition.
I think I heard the laughter from your dealership here in IL.
Steve-O likes this.

Mission Completed. Havoc in the Hills: Mission Completed. Snoball: Charlie Chase - Mission Completed. Spring 14: Mission Completed. GLRE Time Attack: Mission Completed, 1st place (5:04). Havoc in the Hills 2: Locked and Loaded.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The 6.2L and raptor badge are stuck on with 3M tape. The F150 badge has alignment pins and 3M tape. I pulled mine off and just plastidipped the F150. Looks good on a black truck, I dunno about other colors.
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by JPHay8 View Post

I have removed emblems on other vehicles and here's what has worked great for me:
1) Get a hairdryer and heat up the emblem. Keep the heating 6 to 12" from the emblem and do not keep the heat on one spot.
2) Take some fishing line (thin dental floss works as well) and get behind the emblem and slowly pull down. This will cut through the adhesive and take the emblem off.
3) Spray Goo-Gone on the remaining adhesive and wipe off.

Picked up - 4/18/13
banman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Blue pulled his off with a plastic trim tool. Cold I believe

Icom F5021,RPG Stg 4+ Fox 3.0 coilovers, RPG Tie-rods, RPG PS reservoir, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, RPG Tie Rods, RPG steering reservoir, , Raptor -Retro fit '13 HIDS, Line-x preminum, Bluewater LED bed lights, JLT Oil separator (silver), Ipad mini navigation. Bubba rope. Rollx, Recon 10.5k winch synth rope, factor 55.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I'm sure that can be done as well. I guess it depends on the adhesive being used. But, heating it up makes it much easier to work with and to remove the extra glue.

Picked up - 4/18/13
banman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Another thing I forgot, after I used the goo gone, there was still some adhesive left on. You couldn't tell until it got a little dusty. I rubbed some polishing compound on it and that took care of it.
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
This is true.

I have used the heatgun, fishing line/dental floss method before and it certainly works great..but its slow going (Not that this job should be rushed).

But I bought a set of these plastic pry/trim tool thingies from my local auto parts store and I wanted to see if it would work.

Well shit, literally 30 seconds later it was done. They have an edge to them, so I picked one, started at the edge, pryed up stightly and the whole thing came off...adhesive and all! It was pretty cool.

Mission Completed. Havoc in the Hills: Mission Completed. Snoball: Charlie Chase - Mission Completed. Spring 14: Mission Completed. GLRE Time Attack: Mission Completed, 1st place (5:04). Havoc in the Hills 2: Locked and Loaded.

Last edited by Big Blue; 08-29-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote