Drain tubes for Bakflip - where do they go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife installed my Bakflip for me. Bless her. The only thing she couldn't figure out was where to route the drain tubes. I checked in there myself and couldn't find anywhere to put them through short of drilling two holes.

Thoughts?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife installed my Bakflip for me. Bless her. The only thing she couldn't figure out was where to route the drain tubes. I checked in there myself and couldn't find anywhere to put them through short of drilling two holes.

Thoughts?

Right through the rubber plugs in the front of the bed. You will have to drill holes through them, but they are easy to replace down the road if you need to to. Also super easy to seal around the tubes......

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man. It's all black back there and I can't see anything. Will have to pull out the flashlight to find those, and get the right sized drill bit.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man. It's all black back there and I can't see anything. Will have to pull out the flashlight to find those, and get the right sized drill bit.

Good time to get some bed LED strips then and install while you're back there!!! Those are a super easy install, too.....

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like this, @ZBoater.

20140614_165733.jpg

My bed cover came with grommets for the hose, which holds them in place. You might see if the hardware store has some that will fit the drain hoses you have.

It comes out just below the cabin vents.

20140620_111808.jpg

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you remember the size of drill bit you used?

No, and these tubes are on a Truck Covers USA, so they may not be the same size as your Bakflip tubes.

Just measure the tubes you have, and then drill a little smaller so it is a snug fit. Or get the grommets and drill the holes for them. The nice thing about using grommets is the hole does not need to be perfect.