Dovetailed Fiberglass bedsides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any manufactures that make fiberglass bedsides that are made with the rear already dovetailed? I was looking around and it appears Fiberworks and Boatec both make their bedsides to accommodate the factory rear bumper.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any manufactures that make fiberglass bedsides that are made with the rear already dovetailed? I was looking around and it appears Fiberworks and Boatec both make their bedsides to accommodate the factory rear bumper.

It would be easy to dovetail the fiberglass before painting or wrapping. I think the reason they don't is all the variations in rear bumpers. Dovetail to the specific bumper shape/size.......

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be easy to dovetail the fiberglass before painting or wrapping. I think the reason they don't is all the variations in rear bumpers. Dovetail to the specific bumper shape/size.......

When I say dove tail... Im talking a finished curved under dovetail. Not just a cut it off type of job like everyone does on their stock bedsides. That open area that is leaves just looks... unprofessional.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I say dove tail... Im talking a finished curved under dovetail. Not just a cut it off type of job like everyone does on their stock bedsides. That open area that is leaves just looks... unprofessional.

The feedback I got related to the rolled over edge is that it would collect too much mud and crap being right behind the rear tires. But you are right, it looks good. Only seen it on one truck so far....

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell.... Doesn't have to be fully wrapped 90 degrees over where it'd collect debris. Even just curved over to a 45 degree with a nice rounded, finished edge. Really just ANYTHING other that a straight cut edge.