Door handle security

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door locks

With the 2012's is there a need for the Jimmie Jammer system? IE blocks the intrusion of the truck with a srew driver in the handle.:Jedi:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
interested to hear myself if anybody has them on these. I had a set in my 00 HD and they were nice peace of mind.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you share the part numbers/pricing?

This looks rather interesting (i am getting a screw).

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got them from:
http://www.trucksecurity.com/

Jimmi Jammer for Ford F150, Lincoln Mark LT, 04-Up,with keyless entry, lock cylinder on drivers door only. No lock cylinder on pass side
Item #: 113400
$44.95 USD

Jimmi Jammer for Ford F150/ Lincoln Mark LT, 04-Up rear doors only
Item #: 113470
$44.95 USD

-Greg

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GJMcManus, I was just looking at those the other day. I'll probably wait until after your writeup to decide. It's good deterrent against punching locks, but there's still the risk of a smash and grab. Sometimes I figure all I can really do is just keep my valuables with me or out of sight and hope for the best.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GJMcManus, I was just looking at those the other day. I'll probably wait until after your writeup to decide. It's good deterrent against punching locks, but there's still the risk of a smash and grab. Sometimes I figure all I can really do is just keep my valuables with me or out of sight and hope for the best.

there are a couple key things to do when parking your car ...think about where you are parking is it night, day? is it well light, or dark? is there a lot of pedestrian ,an vehicle traffic? is it in a busy business area,nice residential block where you have alot of nosy neighbors,or a industrial area . the key thing is dont leave anything valuable in your vehicle. you have to remember that ultimately in the end if a freaking crack head wants something not much is going to stop them they will smash your window in plain view of a crap ton of people with cameras around if they need something that bad to pay for a hit. that being said these door items can be very helpful though because time is a criminals enemy, an they can be a help to stop someone who isnt trying to smash an grab . if someone is trying to get into your vehicle to punch the lock or get your nav unit,this might be the thing that makes them think twice.....im really looking forward to the write up on this i hate parking my truck in Brooklyn man i cringe every time im walking up to it when my tours over expecting the worst.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I am also having Llumar window film installed to help prevent smash and grab..

LLumar Automotive Security Window Film - YouTube

Just like anything else if they want in bad enoufh, they will find a way..

-Greg

Last edited:

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am also having Llumar window film installed to help prevent smash and grab..

LLumar Automotive Security Window Film - YouTube

Just like anything else if they want in bad enoufh, they will find a way..

-Greg

ok thats realy cool man ive never seen that at all great info ,but my only issue with it is god forbid emergency personnel needed to get to you because of a motor vehicle accident an your vehicle was over turned is there a way around this stuff??? im just curious i think this stuff is awesome though man great find

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok thats realy cool man ive never seen that at all great info ,but my only issue with it is god forbid emergency personnel needed to get to you because of a motor vehicle accident an your vehicle was over turned is there a way around this stuff??? im just curious i think this stuff is awesome though man great find

I have looked into this also... Two different methods:

1) Jaws of life to upper window track in two places. Will allow the window to be pulled out of frame and the glass snapped at door. The weakest part is the window frame.

2) sawzall through window frame and remove glass.

-Greg