DIY Low Profile Bed Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to see something out my back window besides two 37" tires so that shot the idea of simply buying one. My dad and I built this a while back and I am just now looking to install it after getting the Linex done.

I'm happy with how the two 37s just barely sick up over the side of the bed. Visibility is still good out of the back window. I'm about to mount everything and thought I'd see if you guys find any issues before I start drilling holes. So what do you think?

Rack is 2" mild steel with Linex.
2x steel jerry cans and holders all Linex'd
Aluminum jack
2 fat 50 cal mounts + 4 cans

Attachments

• IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0948.jpg
    IMG_0948.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 154

dan200

Reaction score
DId you linex the gas cans? Because thats rad if you did...

and if so, you should linex the ammo cans too.

also, I dont see room for a beer cooler with the configuration you have and that concerns me... LOL

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DId you linex the gas cans? Because thats rad if you did...

and if so, you should linex the ammo cans too.

also, I dont see room for a beer cooler with the configuration you have and that concerns me... LOL

Yes, and the ammo boxes might be next.

The beer is in the back seat so I can reach it while driving. :)

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338237953.747613.jpg

Done. Leaving room in the back for a cargo box or cooler depending on the situation.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 8809

Done. Leaving room in the back for a cargo box or cooler depending on the situation.

Welp now that your all done drillin holes here I come with "hey why don't ya use the bed bolts to hold er down"
Those tires un mounted/un aired up will be alot lower than when ya got rims on em and air em up. I'm sure you already thought of that :waytogo: