DiamondBack Cover Custom Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not like the configuration of the DiamondBack Cover for the Raptor.
I was looking for a short forward section, to cover the bin and a long aft section.
DiamondBack does not make it, so it was time for modifications.
I got the center and forward sections for the Raptor and the aft section from a Super Duty.
...and did some cutting and splicing...
014_zpsvy8itvcz.jpg
015_zps1rdjw5kp.jpg
017_zpsnxmkaern.jpg
021_zpsghdqs6m6.jpg

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is - pretty friggin cool!!! Never thought about doing that, but now it makes perfect sense. Have you shown this to Diamondback? Royalties should be paid to you for this improvement........

But, I still like mine even if it isn't as cool as yours!!!!!

OP
OP
PropDr

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is - pretty friggin cool!!! Never thought about doing that, but now it makes perfect sense. Have you shown this to Diamondback? Royalties should be paid to you for this improvement........

But, I still like mine even if it isn't as cool as yours!!!!!
DiamondBack was very helpful in the selection of panels, even after the first rear panel did not fit as expected, they replaced it with the one for the Super Duty "NO Extra Cost"; great People!

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Nice work. Looks great. Who would have ever thought a Super Duty piece would match the lines of the F150 bed. Really cool.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love what you did to your Diamondback. I still love mine but would have probably bought one like yours if it was available. Does the shifting of the center have any impact on the weight it will hold?

OP
OP
PropDr

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love what you did to your Diamondback. I still love mine but would have probably bought one like yours if it was available. Does the shifting of the center have any impact on the weight it will hold?
It should not, the cut I made was at one of the cross members, not leaving an extended area unsupported.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Looks great. Who sells these here?
Morrie would be happy to set you up with a standard setup.