Dee zee easy down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had ordered the EZ Down and have had some "issues" with it - Honestly the clip kept popping off and the quality of the parts were just not good in my opinion. Conceptually GREAT but quality and engineering of the product was POOR. I wrote them and they immediately got back to me and said they were going to send me some new parts. I received them today and they are NOTHING like my original parts. Wrote them back and the instructions clearly show they must have now a NEW DESIGN so I once again wrote them back explaining that my shock was not designed like the one in the instructions. Has anyone installed this "newer version"?? Its a ball and socket concept now. I tried to attach instructions but file exceeds limits.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old one is a PITA. Rubs hard with the cable pushing it against the tailgate. I will be pulling mine off at some point. Placement of the foam piece doesn't seem to make a difference for me. Would be nice to see a newer design.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
really interested to see pics of the new design. you can email it to me if you want and I'll see if I can get it posted for you.

I'm pretty sure I have the old design, and I'm missing the clip, so I can't install it yet, and I really want to get it on the truck!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here ya go Stu! I just screen captured the PDF to make it JPEGs.

Attached! This is definitely a 100x's better design! I'm going to contact DZ and see if I can purchase the upgrade parts. :peace:

Now, if only I could figure out how to post attachments that show up big, rather than thumbnails that have to be clicked on lol

Attachments

• DZ1.jpg
    DZ1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 209
  • DZ2.JPG
    DZ2.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 185

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, thats definately a new design.

However, I have had the "old" design on since October with no issues. The key to not having it rub against the cable is to properly position the foam cushion and then heat melt the cover overtop so it stays put.

Its a great under $40 mod.

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I have the old version and am not very pleased with it. I just got it a month ago. Sent them an email to see if I can get the new parts.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, thats definately a new design.

However, I have had the "old" design on since October with no issues. The key to not having it rub against the cable is to properly position the foam cushion and then heat melt the cover overtop so it stays put.

Its a great under $40 mod.

I agree.
My first attempt at postioning the foam cushion at the location that seemed logical resulted in the cable folding in beside the foam causing a bind.

I relocated it and all worked well. The only down side is that my lack of confidence in it working properly all the time has me watching the cable as I close the gate. It has never failed (thus far)