Debate about bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the end you run the risk of being sued no matter the circumstances or modifications you have done to the truck. Depends on the other party involved and how much they view an accident with someone as a chance for a money grab. We carry a huge personal liability policy just in case too. Our insurance people have always insisted we have a higher risk with company vehicles used 100% for company work than we do with the ones that are my families person ones. Regardless someone could find you have money available and try to go after it. Hopefully none of us experience that. Good luck with bumper choice.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I got a call from my insurance guy. He off the record recommendation was if I wanted the bumper do not ask the insurance company about frame modifications. This way best case they cover damage, but should it be involved in a major accident it is possible they could come back and claim your modification of the vehicle is a reason that they are not covering you in a claim/suit. He said there was slim chance that if I put to them in writing if modifying the vehicle frame for a cosmetic bumper they would come back with a answer of yes its covered based on our current policy. And in the end he basically said he could probably get it covered but changes to the policy would most likely need to be done and I am not going that route.

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...to follow up to a 3 year old thread...

Has anyone been involved in an on road accident with frame cut and modified bumper...did insurance cover?

Has anyone reattached old parts of frame and old bumper to trade truck in?