DBS Bug Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine similar to the OP. There should be no difference for a 13 vs 14 Raptor. Only issue I had with mine is after the first winter with it on, the grommets had pulled out in three places. I really feel the grommets are too small. I bought bigger ones and installed those, so they have more area to grab the screen. Honestly, I don't want to take away from his business, but you could probably buy a roll of screening and a Pack of grommets and be well on your way to the same thing. Advantage to buying from him is the nifty little bungie cords. If you source those, you are probably looking at the same cost as buying it.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran mine similar to the OP. There should be no difference for a 13 vs 14 Raptor. Only issue I had with mine is after the first winter with it on, the grommets had pulled out in three places. I really feel the grommets are too small. I bought bigger ones and installed those, so they have more area to grab the screen. Honestly, I don't want to take away from his business, but you could probably buy a roll of screening and a Pack of grommets and be well on your way to the same thing. Advantage to buying from him is the nifty little bungie cords. If you source those, you are probably looking at the same cost as buying it.

To be fair, their website does say..

"DBS SCREENS ARE NOT MADE FOR SNOW AND ICE, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR DBS DURING WINTER MONTHS."

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered one from these guys and accidentally shipped it to my old paypal address, now it has taken me almost two months to get it sorted out, and I still have yet to get my screen. I'm sure the product is good, but no reply after 6 emails and I even spoke with them twice over the phone. Just when I thought it was fixed, they sent it to the old address again.

So don't do what I did and have a brain fart on the shipping address because you will likely never get it resolved just like me.

D

Deleted member 12951

To be fair, their website does say..

"DBS SCREENS ARE NOT MADE FOR SNOW AND ICE, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR DBS DURING WINTER MONTHS."

Whoops, I have mine on all year around but does make sense to remove it when the bugs aren't out. Guess better look at it in more detail now. They are cheap so might just get another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BLACKMAMBA777

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me understand as to why it matters if you leave it on year round? I live in Dallas, rarely see snow and ice here.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did read the disclaimer about winter.
i think their reasoning is it could pack with snow and ice and reduce cooling of the radiator. The other reason as i have seen is that the grommets start to corrode with salt and the screen becomes brittle around them and they can pull out.
I have 23,000 miles with the screen on. There are places where it gets pushed against the cooler in front of the radiator and it is wearing a hole in the screen. I may need to replace it soon. I'm going to wait until spring though. i really like the idea of it. it keeps the bugs and small rocks from denting the fins.