Custom Bike Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Forgive me if you have said this before but what are the chains you have clipped front to back on the tie downs?

Interesting idea for the bikes.

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if you have said this before but what are the chains you have clipped front to back on the tie downs?

Interesting idea for the bikes.

Just more versatility in tie-down options.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very innovative. I've always just hung mine over the tailgate.

Attachments

• IMG_20160713_213343.jpg
    IMG_20160713_213343.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0536.jpg
    IMAG0536.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 157

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is what I made for on top of my Backflip tonneau cover. I have Bullring Shorty Low Profile tie downs in each corner. I put the girls smaller bikes in the middle and my wife's and mine on the outside with the rear wheels of our bikes tied together. Then a cable lock through the frames/rear wheels to the front tie downs to make sure nobody tries to steal them. Then tie downs going to the rear corner tie down points from the rear wheels/frames. Used it this summer on a trip and it worked great. All you need is a 6' piece of square 1" aluminum tubing, 4 front fork clamps, end caps for the square tubing, rubber bumpers for the bottom of the tubing for extra support in the middle, a can of plastidip, and 2 longer bolts to replace the Bakflip ones to bolt it down. Very easy and cheap to build. You can still use the tonneau cover when open all the way as well, just have to lift the final part over the bike rack since it pretty much sits where the cover usually does when opened up.

12219-closeup-homemade-bike-rack.jpg

12220-passenger-side-view-bike-rack.jpg

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool. With my tool box, I have to drop the tail gate.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those are some slick setups. Anyone know of a rail system that would accept fork mounts? Kinda like Toyota's?

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thread. I have been rasseling with how to mount a saris super clamp in a screw short bed? Thought with the new mounting for the 2017 bed partion I could use those mounts to fab channel accross the bed at deck level in two spots then mount the rack at a 45 and have it fit with the tailgate up? Works in my mind I still need to come up with demensions to see if im ok on length. Trying to avoid taking the wheel off as would be needed w a fork mount.