Complete Paint Job/Aftermarket Decals/Headlights/Front and Rear Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carnage

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a prospective Raptor owner, i'm looking for a used 1st gen.

I've found one for a great price, with low miles, and it's in my area.

2012 SCREW currently has an Add aftermarket front bumper with grill guard, no decals, and a rogue aftermarket rear bumper.

I've got a few questions about some exterior upgrades.
1 - New Paint Job - The truck is currently Race Red, I personally don't like this color of red, and i'd like to change it. What is the realistic cost of a complete re-color that would match stock quality? I know it's cheaper to re-paint the same color, would it still be cheaper to re-paint a different shade of red? I plan on purchasing decals for this truck, it would be best to paint first, and add the decals after, right?
2 - Decals - I've been looking at Rappy for some aftermarket graphics, I've found a few packages I like all for a seemingly great price. My question is, how hard would it be to put on the bedside and hood graphics if I did it myself? On a scale from 1-10 in terms of handiness i'm a solid 4. What would a reputable shop charge to do it?
3 - Headlights - What would it cost on average to have two aftermarket headlights installed?
4 - Front/Rear Bumpers - The front bumper was replaced or covered i'm not sure, by an Add Aftermarket Cover/Grill guard, I plan on selling the one currently on the truck and buying an a similar Add product. The bumper is an aftermarket bumper, but I think it looks awful, I would likely sell this one and find a stock bumper to replace it with. Once again, considering i'm not all that handy, how difficult would it be to remove and replace the front and rear bumpers? If I went to a shop what would the average cost be?

Thanks in advance for any advice or comments.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a prospective Raptor owner, i'm looking for a used 1st gen.

I've found one for a great price, with low miles, and it's in my area.

2012 SCREW currently has an Add aftermarket front bumper with grill guard, no decals, and a rogue aftermarket rear bumper.

I've got a few questions about some exterior upgrades.
1 - New Paint Job - The truck is currently Race Red, I personally don't like this color of red, and i'd like to change it. What is the realistic cost of a complete re-color that would match stock quality? I know it's cheaper to re-paint the same color, would it still be cheaper to re-paint a different shade of red? I plan on purchasing decals for this truck, it would be best to paint first, and add the decals after, right?
2 - Decals - I've been looking at Rappy for some aftermarket graphics, I've found a few packages I like all for a seemingly great price. My question is, how hard would it be to put on the bedside and hood graphics if I did it myself? On a scale from 1-10 in terms of handiness i'm a solid 4. What would a reputable shop charge to do it?
3 - Headlights - What would it cost on average to have two aftermarket headlights installed?
4 - Front/Rear Bumpers - The front bumper was replaced or covered i'm not sure, by an Add Aftermarket Cover/Grill guard, I plan on selling the one currently on the truck and buying an a similar Add product. The bumper is an aftermarket bumper, but I think it looks awful, I would likely sell this one and find a stock bumper to replace it with. Once again, considering i'm not all that handy, how difficult would it be to remove and replace the front and rear bumpers? If I went to a shop what would the average cost be?

Thanks in advance for any advice or comments.

1. Correct repaint will run $3000-$5000
2. decals and graphics you can put on and take off later
3. headlights can run from $500 to $1500
4. bumpers are bolt on and simple to take off.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the trick wrapped vs painted, similar cost bit you can have it any color you want and when it's time to sell simply take it off.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the trick wrapped vs painted, similar cost bit you can have it any color you want and when it's time to sell simply take it off.

X2. A color change done right is expensive, like $6 K and up. If you can live with red door jambs and find a wrap that works with it, you will be better off. And not worry about it when you off road it

OP
OP
C

Carnage

Reaction score

I've researched wraps a bit, and i'm not entirely familiar with how it's done and what it is. Would I be able to still place decals or graphics over top of the wrap?

How long would it last, and would it be a complete color change?

@ Otis857 I can't view images at work, so i'll check that link at home.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as decal application, YouTube is your friend. I'm sure you could also fine video on bumper replacement.

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with most folks,
1) Wrap it
2) Decals are easy on/off
3) 750 for a good set of retrofit
4) Bumpers, easy on/off

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take the whole damn thing to Rappy. He'll wrap it and decal it. Go online and find some OEM LED headlights. You won't regret it. Bumpers - SVC all the way. There, all you needed in one paragraph without bullet points......

OP
OP
C

Carnage

Reaction score
Take the whole damn thing to Rappy. He'll wrap it and decal it. Go online and find some OEM LED headlights. You won't regret it. Bumpers - SVC all the way. There, all you needed in one paragraph without bullet points......

I actually got in contact with Rappy, he quoted me a good price to wrap it and add decals, but he didn't mention how long the entire process would take. Any ideas?

Also, these are the headlights i'm deciding between. Thoughts?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2...Raptor-Recon-Smoked-Projector-Headlights.html

Or

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/S...yder-Projector-Headlights-w-DRLbar-black.html

Or

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/1...-G2-CCFL-Halo-Projector-Headlights-Black.html

If anyone has these specific headlights on their trucks post some pics please.

The SVC page won't load on my work computer, so i'll check some out when I get home.

Last edited: