Cheap Bed Ring MOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just used the de-burr wheel on my bench grinder and just buffed them down enough...

R,
HAP

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@HAP - I like the chain in the back of the truck. Looks like a nice way to be able to strap in gear and other things.

what's the plastic cover for? To keep it from hitting the wheel wells?

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's just a piece of 1" vinyl tube over the SS chain to minimize noise and wear to the Linex. Also, not visible is a rubber bungee stretched from one chain to the other under the tool box to keep the chains under tension, also to minimize any movement/noise. It simply provides a parallel tie down point along each bed rail.

R,
HAP

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty useful and easy mod. I gotta do this on my next round of days off so I can secure my yeti to my bed. Thanks for posting this @HAP!

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the rings rated to? They would be perfect for hauling ATVs and dirt bikes

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up doing this mode over the weekend. Looks like the part number for the ring retainers has been superseded by 05170492AA for those interested. Only issue I had was getting one of the bed bolts loose. Ended up breaking two el cheapo T50 torx bits in the process. Great mod for little cost!

13Scott

Reaction score
I just ordered 4 of these D rings and the dodge dealer I ordered them through said that part number is not good anymore so they found the superseded part that replaced that one but now the price is about $10 a ring.

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked the other day and those rings are still available from the source in my original post for $3.44.