Cargo Rail Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have use this setup for a while now and love it! Of course it was thanks to this post I did it. I as well missed 1 bolt in the channel and do some heavy off-roading with no issues. Also have 1" rails around the bed for extra mounting points.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 254

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this setup and intentionally used the channels to add some strength. Just use a longer bolt to run all the way through the channel.

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on how this has held up through the years? Any install pics of your CO2 bottle mounted using the bolt studs in the track?

richardhead84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on how this has held up through the years? Any install pics of your CO2 bottle mounted using the bolt studs in the track?

Mine hasn't been installed as long as Kaiser's setup but so far so good. I mounted my bottle lying down instead of standing up and it has held up to a lot of abuse with no issues. CO2 bottle and rails have survived a couple of off roading trips and TRR.

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my rails sitting in my garage waiting to be installed for over a year now. I'm sure they have held up great but I was more concerned with rust/corrosion. Any problems with that aspect yet?

NC Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my rails sitting in my garage waiting to be installed for over a year now. I'm sure they have held up great but I was more concerned with rust/corrosion. Any problems with that aspect yet?

The set I have is made by Mac's Tie Down's, but is the same basic concept and also an aluminum rail with stainless hardware, and it has held up fine. From what I have heard the powdercoat wil flake off eventually if that is on the version that you chose from the company in the original post. But regardless, the rails really shouldn't rust easily being that they are aluminum. Worst case just coat them in Fluid Film.

The system is great though, especially for tying a tire or jack or whatever else down while offroad, but is also nice and versatile for every-day tasks as well. I like it a a lot and may eventually add some panels on the sides as well.

The install is kinda tricky though and obviously requires two people. Also, my recommendation is to do what others have said and just get 4 longer screws and drill completely through the hat channels for extra support as well as making the job so much easier.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 9.59.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 9.59.10 PM.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 203

Lugnut2683

Reaction score
@KaiserM715 I used your suggestions and went with the aluminum rails. I like how versatile and lightweight this system is. Here is my initial layout. I still used the stock tie down points for most gear, but I can see many other applications for this setup.

361c5d9a4824bc29838c22eb3569322c.jpg
94e2d73d738802826e6092d804b9e65f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: