Can This Be Done? PhotoShop Help Pls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am looking at having the Line-X (Black) put on my truck.

What I would like to do is have the word "Raptor" in it's design inserted into either the floor or the front wall against the cab. I would like Line-X to do that decal in Molten Orange since they can color match.

Would that be to difficult considering the consistancy of the spray liner or is there a way that I could get a decal cutout and then spraypaint over the finished Line-X with Orange or something like that?

THOUGHTS?

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I sure it could be done, but you'd pay out the hooha for it.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
It can be done. One of Outlaw raptors trucks is all line x. The big International they have. I believe they said it was several thousand dollars and its only black. I would have my truck repainted like a satin black and then have them paint the logo in gloss or something.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a guy on the z that had the SVT logo in his Line-X. To save you from searching I'll just explain.

He had them spray 2 layers. First just a plain black layer. Then had a decal made of the SVT logo and place that on then sprayed the 2nd layer of black. When they pulled off the vinyl you could see the logo and it gave it a 3rd dimension because you could see it was depressed where the logo was.

His was all black and you could see it well. For and orange logo you would host have to spray orange first then black on top. The more layers of black the more the logo's 3rd dimension would stand out

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It can be done. One of Outlaw raptors trucks is all line x. The big International they have. I believe they said it was several thousand dollars and its only black. I would have my truck repainted like a satin black and then have them paint the logo in gloss or something.

Just to clarify, I'm only talking about having the Line-X put in the bed - not the whole truck...

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw a guy on the z that had the SVT logo in his Line-X. To save you from searching I'll just explain.

He had them spray 2 layers. First just a plain black layer. Then had a decal made of the SVT logo and place that on then sprayed the 2nd layer of black. When they pulled off the vinyl you could see the logo and it gave it a 3rd dimension because you could see it was depressed where the logo was.

His was all black and you could see it well. For and orange logo you would host have to spray orange first then black on top. The more layers of black the more the logo's 3rd dimension would stand out

That sounds exactly like what I was thinking. My only concern would be the detail work on the corners of the "R"s and such.

But, yes, that's what I would love! Not going to pay a ton for it though.

BigBird

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it can be done but could you have it all in black then rattle can over the black line x ?