Boatec Fenders and offsets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsimms89

Reaction score
I am considering going up to 37's, I know you need to hammer the pinch welds and go with glass fenders and everyone on here seems to suggest the boatecs. One question I have is regarding the offset, can i get away with using the stock OEM wheels or do I need to get a different wheel with a different offset, I've seen a couple people on here say that but I was wondering if it was true or if I can get away with using the wheels I have. I have the stock SVT beadlock style wheels. Also how difficult is it to install the fenders and liner, do they come with all the hardware required and is any cutting or modifications to them required to get them to fit?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what year are you?
i believe 2009-2014 you can throw 37s on with just a mid perch on factory wheels with 0 trimming.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
i think you can 37s on the oem beadlocks just fine they have less of a off set than the standard svt wheels

OP
OP
bsimms89

bsimms89

Reaction score
I have a 2014 (52,000 miles on it so when warranty is up at 60,000 I'm starting some work), I know if you plan on offroading it just the mid perch with 37's wont cut it, you need to go with glass fenders (when I switch to 37's I also plan on adding some 3.0 shocks haven't decided which ones yet) I'm just planning up upgrades on at a time and wanted to be sure of my course before i started anything. I just had seem some people post saying the stock offset didn't work with boatecs and would rub, I'm just trying to confirm this.

I'm also planning on installing a kooks header and exhaust system and the JDM 700hp Whipple kit and billet oil pump gear. Then last on the list would be new bumpers and maybe a wrap. I'm in no rush to get it all done as I have no plans on getting rid of this truck, just planning out the order of all my upgrades as I can swing the cash. All the mechanical work I'm going to do myself, if the fenders need body work I'll have to bring it by my body guy to look at.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wait so it sounds like you are speaking from a vast wealth of personal experience....

you need boatects with 37s? because i have seen dudes air out their raptors on 37s with stock fenders and nothing exploded.

what do you offroad now that you will NEED all this stuff ?

OP
OP
bsimms89

bsimms89

Reaction score
I currently run on trails in the North east, definitely not everything that the raptor was intended to do, but I am taking a trip out west soon, and intend to start doing so more often and start pushing the truck harder.

Do I NEED all this stuff? Probably not. Does any of us NEED a raptor? Again probably not.

The whipple and the kooks I want because I like working on my vehicles and like making performance out of an engine, I do engine work on all the vehicles I own. The 37's and the shocks are something I'm considering for down the road when I begin pushing the truck harder and wanted to get more information so I can make an informed decision. I like to get all the information I can before I decide on a course to follow, I don't just shoot from the hip when deciding what to install.

Forgive me for not just taking you word as gospel when I have read statements from multiple others on this board that claim different, and for hoping to have others give their opinions as well. I merely repeated what I have seen others on here say and am just looking for input form other members on this board as well. I guess I'll probably just do better by calling one of the vendors and asking for their recommendations than asking on this forum.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012. Had 37" Nittos on factory beadlocks on mid perch. Nothing rubbed when off road. Could I have made them rub? Probably if I really tried. I'm not the guy jumping my truck looking for 6 feet of air, but my wheels have definitely left the ground, whoops at 60, mud holes, whatever. The one thing the wider Nittos did do was rip out the IWE lines because the tires were wider and close to the spindles. Aired down, they would rub the spindles.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently run on trails in the North east, definitely not everything that the raptor was intended to do, but I am taking a trip out west soon, and intend to start doing so more often and start pushing the truck harder.

Do I NEED all this stuff? Probably not. Does any of us NEED a raptor? Again probably not.

The whipple and the kooks I want because I like working on my vehicles and like making performance out of an engine, I do engine work on all the vehicles I own. The 37's and the shocks are something I'm considering for down the road when I begin pushing the truck harder and wanted to get more information so I can make an informed decision. I like to get all the information I can before I decide on a course to follow, I don't just shoot from the hip when deciding what to install.

Forgive me for not just taking you word as gospel when I have read statements from multiple others on this board that claim different, and for hoping to have others give their opinions as well. I merely repeated what I have seen others on here say and am just looking for input form other members on this board as well. I guess I'll probably just do better by calling one of the vendors and asking for their recommendations than asking on this forum.

I have researched this a little and if I remember correctly at mid perch, 37's fit without rubbing, but wouldn't fare so well in jumps and terrain. I found an article somewhere about opening the factory fenders up. I'll see fi I can find it again.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/inner-fender-mods-37-tire-clearance-46766/

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/tires-rubbing-inner-fender-liner-flares-35233/

Best http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/additional-info-running-37s-stock-fenders-28733/index10.html

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is why i spend my time loling.

two of those links they have aftermarket wheels with quoted 0 offset.
that is a much different situation than a factory wheel running 37s...

carry on, im sure you guys will figure it out with more knowledgeable people lololololol