Boatec Fender People

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to reach out to the people on here who are running Boatec fenders. I started fitting the fenders last night and must say, as I was slowly aligning everything up, I was super impressed with the fitment. Little trimming here, little trimming there, the only thing that I really didn't like was the door to fender gap was not consistent, mainly between the running board and the trim line on the door. Meh, **** it, right? They are aftermarket and fiberglass, I knew the fitment wouldn't be like factory. But when I threw the headlight in......sigh.

Anyways, anyone with boatecs run into this before and if so, any tips on how to correct this would be much appreciated.

33988743021_015d9e6ec0_k.jpg

33961857812_4a8892a9ab_k.jpg

34118903465_4a98beca9c_k.jpg

Last edited:

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats normal and it's pretty much gone if you move front of the fender closer to hood and grind upper corner of headlight area. I've not seen other brand Raptor fenders but used fiberglass car parts and i think Boatecs are good quality fenders and yours look good from the pic's too. Little bit elbow grease and those will look really good on your truck. Good luck with install.

OP
OP
M

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats normal and it's pretty much gone if you move front of the fender closer to hood and grind upper corner of headlight area. I've not seen other brand Raptor fenders but used fiberglass car parts and i think Boatecs are good quality fenders and yours look good from the pic's too. Little bit elbow grease and those will look really good on your truck. Good luck with install.

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black is a good color for fiber glass considering that it will hide any imperfections. I've been debating on wether or not to go fiber glass then wrap my entire truck a black and avoid painting the fenders what so ever.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@JtoU is right they will all be a little bit off around the headlight bucket. You just won't see it in most people's pics online. You have to remember its not a show car and they're for a purpose. It took me about 5 minutes to get over it as i'm pretty **** due to the bad assery it adds to the looks and function. Looks like you got them pretty damn close just a little more work.

Here's my Glassworks so you can get an idea up close

IMG_4927_zpslpqwvlsb.png

IMG_4926_zps4d2lrxhj.png

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what a lot of people that buy these fenders dont fully grasp when they purchase them.
they need to be installed at a ******** body shop to get fitment and finish proper.
any fiberglass fender you buy is not direct bolt on for a reason guys.

if you are worried about fitment, take it to a body shop and have it done by the professionals.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what a lot of people that buy these fenders dont fully grasp when they purchase them.
they need to be installed at a ******** body shop to get fitment and finish proper.

if you are worried about fitment, take it to a body shop and have it done by the professionals.

I had both sets I've had done by good shops they're just not going to be perfect.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i agree they wont be perfect, but will be much much better having a shop doing it over the weekend warrior.

Agreed, Especially if you come from a Euro or Japanese tuner crowd the quality difference is huge in glass parts. You have to accept most of these companies build for race trucks that get used once or twice and tossed.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I agree that the perfectionist should not attempt this project. I respectfully disagree that everyone should have a body shop do it. This is one of the coolest and most satisfying projects I did on my truck. So much so that I have installed them on several other's trucks with outstanding results. It is, IMO, one of the coolest "weekend warrior" projects out there and would be happy to help anyone doing it with any advice I could give to make their install something they can be proud of themselves.