Black OEM Ford Tailgate Emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jboser

Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone know if Ford makes a Black OEM Tailgate Emblem to replace the bright blue one? How do these typically install? Would I just have to pop the blue one out and 3M the new black one in? Im kinda hesitant to go for an overlay overtop of the existing blue one, not sure how great that would look and Im a total perfectionist so I can see that causing me a headache.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone know if Ford makes a Black OEM Tailgate Emblem to replace the bright blue one? How do these typically install? Would I just have to pop the blue one out and 3M the new black one in? Im kinda hesitant to go for an overlay overtop of the existing blue one, not sure how great that would look and Im a total perfectionist so I can see that causing me a headache.

Ford doesn't make a Black OEM Emblem. I Got mine from Ebay by a person that custom paint the OEM tailgate emblems. I will post a picture tomorrow on how it looks.
9a9yje5u.jpgdehaqahu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jboser

Reaction score
Ah okay I didnt think they did.. So was the one you got an overlay then or did you actually end up popping out the blue ford emblem and replacing it with the one you got from ebay? Look forward to seeing the picture

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can tape it off little and a
spray it with plastidip I did mine two years ago looks factory and holds up great only cost $15 and took 30min

Sent from my S4

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can tape it off little and a
spray it with plastidip I did mine two years ago looks factory and holds up great only cost $15 and took 30min

8B3-3F01F7F612B8-2179-0000009E04D21653_zpsaee52ee1.jpg

gordhunt - Is this how yours looks? How did you do it? The one I posted belongs to member 2008fx4's build thread and he said it was sprayed with Plastidip. I asked him how he trimmed out the Ford script, but he never replied.