Billet Hood Vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go big or go home already have almost 100k in this truck no reason to cheap out now.

Good Lord. I lost my mind on a vette had over 65K tied up in it. Over 1500 horsepower and lots if goodies. Just don't sell it cause it will sure hurt your feelings on how little you will get for it.

OP
OP
R

RobDietz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I realize the vent are actually heat extractors the hellion twin turbo has the turbos sitting almost right below them so I think it will help with temps. From what I have seen I can open up the fiberglass more and we should be able to tweak the design on the billet vents to move more air.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Good Lord. I lost my mind on a vette had over 65K tied up in it. Over 1500 horsepower and lots if goodies. Just don't sell it cause it will sure hurt your feelings on how little you will get for it.

Fun is not cheap. I think I will end up around 120k when I am all done.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know, if you can make the billet grills a two piece so that it acts like a clamp,
you could (in theory of course), cut the hole wide open and use it to keep the strength of the hood.

Just a thought.

I would be opened to buying something like that. We all know you can't touch a damn thing under the hood when she's hot.
If it were a metal hood I would rip that padding down but I'm afraid the hood would melt. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RobDietz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, if you can make the billet grills a two piece so that it acts like a clamp,
you could (in theory of course), cut the hole wide open and use it to keep the strength of the hood.

Just a thought.

I would be opened to buying something like that. We all know you can't touch a damn thing under the hood when she's hot.
If it were a metal hood I would rip that padding down but I'm afraid the hood would melt. LOL

The optimal ideal is the 2 piece vent. I was inspired by the way my 04 cobra vents were.

Worst case we cut down on the louver count and make larger gaps to let more air escape

Either way I end up with something that makes my raptor a little different than everyone else's

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MTF is correct, the hood vents are there to get rid of the hood pressure, and extract the heat, while in motion, I'm one who made the factory holes bigger, and the MOD was created by WIZ1500, the only time you can tell is is your at speed, and use your wippers, you can see the differance with the washer fluid, from stock to opening them, I would think if they were ment to take in air, the louvers would be facing forward, but its awesome to have that machining skill.

JD, could you please post a photo here showing your hood mod?

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first picture is factory hole, the second is the hole opened up, The pictures are also posted in hood vent lighting post, and you can check out wiz1500, his hood mod pictures are also there, he added 2 extra holes. I kept mine to a minimum not to interfere with my led light strips.

Attachments

• 20131207_173520.jpg
    20131207_173520.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20131208_121029.jpg
    20131208_121029.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 96

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any problem with rain water getting into the hood or when you wash it?

There wouldn't be, the hole was already there from the factory, I just made it bigger, water will get in with or with out the mod, the mold of the hood under the vent tappers down for drainage, factory design.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Here is the whole hood vent. Light mod write up.. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/hood-vent-led-lighting-29617/