best UV resistant paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Redoing the POS finish on my POS Olympus light cannon knock off. Just going to scuff, clean and spray in an attempt to salvage them. What would be the best UV resistant and durable paint. A high heat engine or brake paint or something else.

And just a note, I know powdercoating would be the best solution. Just not willing to disassemble and get it done. Not worth the time or expense.

Thanks

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Redoing the POS finish on my POS Olympus light cannon knock off. Just going to scuff, clean and spray in an attempt to salvage them. What would be the best UV resistant and durable paint. A high heat engine or brake paint or something else.

And just a note, I know powdercoating would be the best solution. Just not willing to disassemble and get it done. Not worth the time or expense.

Thanks

Just keep in mind that UV rays will eat up anything over time depending on how long it sits direct under the blazing sun. In my shop we use a spray paint for trims and such made by Spruce. The satin black has a universal sheen that goes along with anything and holds up very very well. I would strip or feather out the existing finish, take a red scotch-brite to it and scup really good. Spray with self-etching primer, then scuff again with a grey scotch-brite. Then spray several coats with the Spruce.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that UV rays will eat up anything over time depending on how long it sits direct under the blazing sun. In my shop we use a spray paint for trims and such made by Spruce. The satin black has a universal sheen that goes along with anything and holds up very very well. I would strip or feather out the existing finish, take a red scotch-brite to it and scup really good. Spray with self-etching primer, then scuff again with a grey scotch-brite. Then spray several coats with the Spruce.
damn, you have a procedure