Bedslides? How many are using them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to add some utility to my 13 scab as I am volunteering as an assistant scout master. I have been looking at both bed tire rack systems as well as bedslides. Are the slides made well enough for to have a chase rack bolted to it? Any info or opinions are welcome.

DP

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got one in my Chevy work truck. Thing is indestructible so far, but I definitely don't get air in it! LOL

Mine is rated for 2000 lbs, so they are tough, but I've never tested any up and down forces on it.

What exactly kind of "utility" are you wanting to add?

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my main quetsion, will some whoops and smaller g-outs be a problem? My idea is to mount a bed carrier system on the slide. Figured with a campout a month with 20 boys it would just make things all around easier for loading/unloading, cooking surface, CPR surface etc...
http://image.trucktrend.com/f/74799258+q80+re0+cr1/2013-ford-f-150-raptor-bed-view.jpg

I don't get crazy after it, just running geisers in front and 1" drop deavers in the back on 37s. Gonna also pick up a frame support and bump stop kit.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was my main quetsion, will some whoops and smaller g-outs be a problem? My idea is to mount a bed carrier system on the slide. Figured with a campout a month with 20 boys it would just make things all around easier for loading/unloading, cooking surface, CPR surface etc...
http://image.trucktrend.com/f/74799258+q80+re0+cr1/2013-ford-f-150-raptor-bed-view.jpg

I don't get crazy after it, just running geisers in front and 1" drop deavers in the back on 37s. Gonna also pick up a frame support and bump stop kit.

My rack slides all the way out, so it would be an awesome prep table or whatever for camping. I've got an A.R.E. topper on mine to keep all my tools safe, but I think that the more you'd put on it, the better it would be for off-road. When mine is in the full lock position, it seems pretty stable. With a bed full of camping gear you will probably be good-to-go.

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my next thought. The cap seems like a good idea to keep things dry/locked. How rowdy can you get with one? Will it slap the cab?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was my next thought. The cap seems like a good idea to keep things dry/locked. How rowdy can you get with one? Will it slap the cab?

Mine is a true work topper, so it's not applicable. There are a few guys that had caps on their Raps without issue. I had a Diamondback bed cover that held something like 1600 lbs and loved it. Put stuff inside and lock it up and haul a lot of other stuff on the outside. Best of both worlds.

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea how much your slider weighs? I am running some custom deavers that run just lower than stock. Wondering if I need to go up to 2+.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to add some utility to my 13 scab as I am volunteering as an assistant scout master. I have been looking at both bed tire rack systems as well as bedslides. Are the slides made well enough for to have a chase rack bolted to it? Any info or opinions are welcome.

DP

Yep been using mine for 4 years. Here is my build page with the first install. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/hocks-2012-raptor-build-14948/index18.html

Bedslide installed 002 - YouTube

Bedslide redone - YouTube

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Love it. How does it do over the rough?

This year I had to replace the pins that lock the plate in place. They were bent and since it has a 5 year warranty were replaced free. Was a real easy install took like 30 minutes. In 4 years I did 4 snoballs, 2 roush creek, 1 phoenix off road and 2 Spring runs so I feel it has held up quite well. I bit noisy over big bumps but thats it.