Bedrug install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept my bedrug and mat from my 08 because all the research I did said they would fit, and they do. I was concerned how to work around the tailgate step since my 08 didn't have that option. I ended up cutting the tailgate piece of the bedrug. I left it long enough to tuck under the bed protector. I removed the lower 5 screws, lifted the bed protector, slid the altered bedrug piece under the protector, and threaded the 5 screws back through the bedrug. Works perfect, only cost me 30 bucks for a new velcro kit from bedrug. I like it too because it covers the gap between the tailgate and bed to keep shit from falling down the gap. My tonneau from the 08 also fit, and wife got me a set of weathertechs for my birthday 3 "mods" and only 30 bucks spent so far.

DSC01279.JPG

DSC01280.JPG

The bedmat & bed rug fit exactly, the interior of the bed is identical to the previous model year. Tonneau fits the same as it did on my 08.

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver still no truck? Damn! For once it has paid off to be in western PA, close enough to Dearborn to avoid the rail holdups you all seem to be having out West.

richm

Reaction score
How does the rug hold up

Trying to decide between a spray in liner and the Bed Rug. There will be no topper, to whatever I have will be exposed to the elements year round... high UV sun and rain in the summer, snow and cold in the winter. Neen to do light hauling (rock mulch) for around the home yard work. Firstthought was the liner but now I'm thinking the bed rug might protect the bed better, plus you don't have to destroy the paint in the bed to install like a spray in. Thanks in advance!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between a spray in liner and the Bed Rug. There will be no topper, to whatever I have will be exposed to the elements year round... high UV sun and rain in the summer, snow and cold in the winter. Neen to do light hauling (rock mulch) for around the home yard work. Firstthought was the liner but now I'm thinking the bed rug might protect the bed better, plus you don't have to destroy the paint in the bed to install like a spray in. Thanks in advance!

:welcome:
I would think a spray-in would suit your needs better.

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Never had the spray in, bedrug also makes the bedtread, if my bedrug wouldn't have fit I would have gone with the bedtread.

If exposed 24/7 I would think spray-in would be the most durable.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took out the extender by using a size 50 torx, I think that was the size...been awhile. I cut small X's over the torx bolt holes. You will probably have to remove the rubber feet on the bottom side of the bed extender. An easy install on a pretty good product