bed stabilizer how-to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok so got my bed stabilizers from TMX today and man these are awesome!! they look beefy as hell! ok so got them out of the box and got them set up to install

here is a list of things you'll need
1.#50 torx bit for the bed bolts
2. 5/16 socket for the bolts on the tail light and for the bolts on the upper bracket for the bed stabilizers
3. 5/16 wrench for the nuts on the upper bracket
4. 3/16 drill bit to drill the holes for the upper bracket

ok so you're gonna remove the bed bolts and after removing it if you have a spray in bed liner follow these next steps: place the lower bracket in place ad you can use the bed bolt to line it up. Then trace around the bracket so you can cut out the bed liner so te bracket sits flush with the bed. then place the lower bracket on and tighten the bed bolts back downs fete you've cut out the liner. I used a razor blade wich made it pretty easy.

after that remove the tail lights to access the inside to be able to put the washer and nut on the back side of the upper bracket

take your bed stabilizers and you're going to turn the rod ends all the way in then turn the ends till you get 20 inches from the center of the rod end to the center of the other rod end and snug down the jam nuts so they don't move

put the stabilizer in the lower mount and then put the upper mount on the top of the stabilizer and line it up with the side of the bed as good as you can and mark the holes to drill them out.

once they're drilled out you can put the top bracket on and tighten down the bolt and install the stabilizer in the top bracket. once you have it secured to both the bottom and top bracket you can loosed the jam nuts and then close the tail gate and measure the bottom gap and the top gap. if the top is larger than the bottom turn the stabilizer to tighten it and it will pull the bed side in to even out the gap.

repeat this step until you achieve an even gap all the way down the tailgate and then repeat these steps for the other side and you are done!

install time 40 minuted with stopping to take pics every once in a while haha so I'd say 30 minutes top and this is a very straight forward install!

the gap on my bed was off about 1/4 of an inch and i didn't even realize it was off that much. this to me is a must have piece of insurance especially if you have a retracks folding bed cover or something similar that sits in a track attached to the bed rails because once the bed starts to spread apart it makes the cover fall out of the tracks and makes it hard to secure closed.

i wanna thank jason for the help with the instal and everyone at TMX for making another solid product for the raptor!! two thumbs up guys

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 198
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
OP
OP
pat'sRAPTOR

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you should mac while they're still only 199!! give brandon a call he will get ya taken care of. this really is a mod that is on the NEED list not the want list lol

OP
OP
pat'sRAPTOR

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sweet! they'll impress you right out of the box.. and i must say they look pretty awesome on the truck i might take off my tailgate tomorrow after i get my rpg rear race line bumper on haha to show off my stabilizers and to keep anyone from stealing it of course!!

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Way to go Pat with the TMX stabilizer install thread! Very nice write up and pics. Will save some time and beers for the next guys haha. They do look good and work even better! :cheers:

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya as soon as i seen these i knew i had to get them. on the last run the top of the bed flexed bad enough as to where the tail gate end of the bed cover fell into the bed and got wedged between the bed rails. i never thought the bed flexed that much till i seen it first hand. i can't remember how many time the cover popped open on a good hit then closed again as the bed flexed back and i know it was bed flex cause i checked the alinement of the cover a number times after it would pop open and it was always good.

OP
OP
pat'sRAPTOR

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks John that was my whole goal here haha make it simple for others! And captain awesome I've seen a lot of guys with covers have the same thing you just described happen to them! Thus why I highly suggest everyone get these cause its insane how much the bed sides flex off road and shit even on road depending on how rough the road is!