Bed seam sealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfo gto

Reaction score
My dad picked up his 2012 Raptor earlier this week and was complaining that the bed seams aren't sealed. The dealer claims that this is by design. In any case it sucks to pack up all your hunting gear and get it al wet on the way there. What are you all using to seal up the seams?

He hasn't decided if he wants to do a spray in liner, or a bedrug, or something else, any suggestions there?

Hopefully I can convince him to dust off his laptop and register for the forums.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dad picked up his 2012 Raptor earlier this week and was complaining that the bed seams aren't sealed. The dealer claims that this is by design. In any case it sucks to pack up all your hunting gear and get it al wet on the way there. What are you all using to seal up the seams?

He hasn't decided if he wants to do a spray in liner, or a bedrug, or something else, any suggestions there?

Hopefully I can convince him to dust off his laptop and register for the forums.

You know I have noticed very small seams that even with the bedliner spray are showing thru toward the rear of the box.
It doesn't seem to take on any water from these though.
I have the LocknRoll cover and it keeps my toys pretty dry.

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water has to have somewhere to drain. THere's a small gap along the bed near the cab of the truck.

My last truck had a spray in and they had drilled holes for water to drain. I never got any water in through the holes...

I have a bed tred in the Raptor so it covers the gap but is still allowed to drain. If he's concerned about it, that's a good option but even before I had the bed tread, I never had an issue with water getting in there...

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That seam at the front of the bed isn't sealed for a reason, like guys said, it's for drainage. Even on level ground, with the rake of most trucks, water in teh bed would run to the front edge and just sit there if the seam wasn't open. It does absolutely no harm, and provides drainage if there is water in the bed. Just leave it alone.