Bed Rug vs. Spray in liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found a smoking deal on a NIB BedRug for the truck but I want to get some first hand reviews from those who have one. I have a BakFlip F1 on the truck already so it's closed off from the elements. I occasionally haul a dirt bike , kayaks, and scuba gear but thats about it. I have a few scratches in the bed from this and I would really like to stop that.

So hows the quality of the BedRug? Does it stay wet, is it hard to clean, does it wear noticeably? I like that it's removable to resale or move on to the next truck but I am also concerned about friction wear to the paint because it isn't permanently mounted. Thoughts?

How does it compare to the spray-in liner? Anyone have any suggestions on which spray-in to get and what to expect to pay?

Anyone go with one of these options and have regrets afterwards? If so why?

Sorry for the million questions, I'm just trying to make the right decision the first time around. Thanks in advance for the help!

Tejas

Diesel1710

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I ever got a BedRug. I've had spray in liners on all my other trucks and chose the BedRug for the Raptor. I like how it looks and it is comfortable to be in. I could take a blanket and scrogg the wife in there. I couldn't do that with the spray ins. I also ended up going with a Bak Flip Fibermax. Looks great and I like the flush fit.

Contact Morrie Eisenman at Bak Factory Outlet for a smoking deal.
[email protected]

I got his information from previous threads on FRF.

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using bed rugs for years. I think they are the best choice for someone with a bed cover. They look good,keep your stuff from getting scratched. We will go shooting and lay all our guns out on the bed rug and drive out to the sticks and they stay in place and no scratches. They do dry fast in the summer, just leave the cover open for the day. They clean up real easy and look almost new when your done. I haul my quad in the back all the time and if the bed rug gets dirty I recommend letting the mud dry then vacuum as much up as possible then spray it out at the car wash, it will look brand new. The big killer is thing with Velcro. It sticks to the bed rug and when you pull it off it leave the spot all fuzzy. My wife loves the bed rug as it makes the back of the truck a giant trunk for all her crap when we travel.

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the bedrug since so many people here have them. I have had the spay ins and drop in bed liners, but the bedrug is awesome. I also added the Bakflip F1 which is a first for me having a cover over the bed but that product is awesome as well. Diesel1710 is right you can take a blanket and have fun with your wife as well. The bedrug is a awesome product that I highly recommend and easy to clean!

THRAPTOR

Reaction score
Have Bedrug and Bakflip F1!
Love em both
You will find that the Bedrug helps in keeping dust out of the back
Got mine from Morrie!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I found a smoking deal on a NIB BedRug for the truck but I want to get some first hand reviews from those who have one. I have a BakFlip F1 on the truck already so it's closed off from the elements. I occasionally haul a dirt bike , kayaks, and scuba gear but thats about it. I have a few scratches in the bed from this and I would really like to stop that.

So hows the quality of the BedRug? Does it stay wet, is it hard to clean, does it wear noticeably? I like that it's removable to resale or move on to the next truck but I am also concerned about friction wear to the paint because it isn't permanently mounted. Thoughts?

How does it compare to the spray-in liner? Anyone have any suggestions on which spray-in to get and what to expect to pay?

Anyone go with one of these options and have regrets afterwards? If so why?

Sorry for the million questions, I'm just trying to make the right decision the first time around. Thanks in advance for the help!

Tejas

I will answer all of your questions.

The bedrug is super high quality.
If it gets wet, its dries pretty quick. It will never soak through due to the underside padding. As far as staining, blood washes off (my expereince), and Bedrug claims that even battery acid will not harm it.
Its easy to clean, You can use a vacumm or power washer.
Yes you can remove with ease. Its only held on with velco.

As far as the Bedrug versus Line-X. They will both last the life of your truck. However, if you spend any time inside your bed....Would you prefer a nice padded carpet feel or a sandpaper feel??

You can sleep on the bedrug its so comfy.

Regarding price...they are about the same.

Also for me, I liked the fact that I was doing the install.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had rhino liner for years, and just switched to LineX. I think the finish on the LineX is really nice, and they now have UV protection which in Texas is a huge deal so it doesn't fade. I did the Bed and wheel wells for about $650

I throw dirt for gardening, firewood and motorcycles in mine, so wanted something permanent. I also read up that the rugs use double sided sticky tape, which in our 110 degree summers can turn into a puddle of sticky stuff.

OP
OP
Tejas

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went ahead grabbed it. $250 cash new in the box out the door, according to the invoice still attached to the shipping label that's under what their cost was on it. I figure at this price if I don't like it I can resale it for what I have into it.

You guys were right about how comfy and easy it is on the knees, I crawled around on it in the garage and I couldn't believe it. I'll get it installed later this week when I have time to mess with it.

Thanks everyone for all of the input!

Tejas

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I went ahead grabbed it. $250 cash new in the box out the door, according to the invoice still attached to the shipping label that's under what their cost was on it. I figure at this price if I don't like it I can resale it for what I have into it.

You guys were right about how comfy and easy it is on the knees, I crawled around on it in the garage and I couldn't believe it. I'll get it installed later this week when I have time to mess with it.

Thanks everyone for all of the input!

Tejas

Shit $250 is a smoking deal!! Enjoy! :peace: