Bed Liner which is best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor enroute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok folks seen lots of back and forth about the various bed liners available such as Rhino, Line-X etc.. recently read a really good article about Speedliner anyone have any experience with this?

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No experience with Speedliner. I use Line-X.

Orange Line-X in the bed of the Raptor
Black Line-x where my fender flares use to be on my Landcruiser

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speedliner is an unknown to me but they sure are doing a good job on their website promoting their product and showing how they say it's better than their competitors. They spray it on in colors.

Let us know if you go forward with the product and how satisfied you are with it.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the Line-X look. Since I'm in Germany, the closest Line-X installer is in France. And I'm pretty sure its going to be an arm and a leg for it. But since Speedliner is actually all over Europe, it will be a more probable solution for me. Have to do more research. Originally I was going to throw a bedrug in there.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had both Rhino liner and Line-X, of the two I prefer the Line-X. First I have heard of the Speedliner.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the Line-X look. Since I'm in Germany, the closest Line-X installer is in France. And I'm pretty sure its going to be an arm and a leg for it. But since Speedliner is actually all over Europe, it will be a more probable solution for me. Have to do more research. Originally I was going to throw a bedrug in there.

Hey Nacho, why not put the Bedrug on top of the Speedliner? :D For the ultimate protection - would that be like wearing 2 condoms? :D

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not! Wearing a ****** is no joke :D

You're absolutely right.......that's why Tiger carries two condoms on the golf course at all times........you know, in case he gets a "hole in one":popcorn:

Oh sorry, back on topic.....I would like to know more about the Speedliner. I have not heard of it here in Colorado.

OP
OP
R

Raptor enroute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the review I was previously eluding too regarding the Speedliner

I have been waiting for this discusion. First my background:car/truck guy since I could crawl ,aircraft mech.(lic.to glue wings on airplanes LOL) Coatings guy for 15 yrs, Spray-on liner accessory shop owner 15yrs. I have sold the shop so I have no money motivation towards what liner you purchace. With my old store I did not buy a franchise in the bedliner industry because it required you to use thier product in order to use their name. I always have used the best product no matter the profit margin. I am a quality not quantity type of guy. I have evaluated almost all of the bedliner options out there. I don't listen to marketing, I look at facts. There are a few big brands out there Rhino,Line-x ect. Lots of great marketing little performance.The money goes into marketing not the product. The best product I have ever used and had the fewest warranties is SPEEDLINER, you may not have heard of it because they put thier money in the product not in marketing. The dealers do thier own marketing. SPEEDLINER has more dealers world wide than all other brands combined!! Isn't that crazy?

Here is what you the customer should care about, Does it fade? Strength. application process. warranty.
Strength: Everyone throws fancy numbers at you, like tensile strength, which is meaningless, if you put your bed in a tensile situation you have done something vary bizzar with your truck. Tear strength is the important number and it will vary from test to test on the same piece of liner! most companies advertise the largest number the test comes up with. Not SPEEDLINER,They advertise the lowest number! Take a sample of SPEEDLINER and rub it against any other liner on the market. It will "sand away the other liners. "Proof is in the pudding" no fancy marketing.
Next: Fading is a huge concern. Some companies will call it chaulking to avoid the issue. If it looks bad, it looks bad,no matter what you call it. SPEEDLINER fades the slowest in the industry(my YELLOW jeep is just starting to look faded after 15 yrs)(REDS and Yellows fade the fastest). There is no extra cost or coatings(painting over your brand new liner) for SPEEDLINER. The pigment for color matching is pure paint pigment so the liner is the same color all the way thru.
The next is application: A lot of marketing hype here. The only thing that should matter to you is how the liner holds up and does it stay bonded to the truck? High pressure, low pressure, heated or cold, it does not matter to you the end user. Most liner companies brag about how fast they can do it. A consumer should care if it is done right.
SPEEDLINER achieves two bonds to the truck,chemical and mechanical. The big brands only achieve mechanical.SPEEDLINER thouroughly sands(breaks open the clear coat and achives a profile,then uses a chemical wash to soften the paint then uses an adhesive primer for the chemical bond. The big brands lighlty sand and then wash the bed out with alcohol(which will draw moisture to the surface, how ironic),then they spray the liner without primer. The quick drying nature of their process negates the ability to use a primer. Primers are slow drying,so you can't apply a fast drying product over a primer(again this only matters to the installer. Time is money)or it will cause the liner to lift. If I ever used a coating in aircraft without primer I would lose my lic.

Warranty: almost all liners have a lifetime warranty,well what does it really cover,and do you really have the time to keep going back for warranty issues.. Interview what the dealer covers and what they don't Abuse?fading?ect.ask lots of questions, We even warrantied other brands of liners for free!!(good PR). If the guy doesn't explain in laymans terms,WALK!

Interview the installer in person,you can not see quality over the phone!!!!!!!(Even SPEEDLINER could have a shmuck installer).

Everyone you call are going to tell you they are the best!!!

Again am I biased,YES,but this is based on experience not money. Remember I still have to pay for my liner when my truck comes in.

OH yea, I also developed the way to put graphics in the bedliner, which I will have done to the RAPTOR when it gets here.
Please I would like to hear your questions and comments.