Bakflip F1 install problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Bakflip F1 a week ago and just now noticed on the corners of the truck bed rails, a small indentation or dent/bump. I dont know if they were there before the install or if they happened after I put the Bakflip brackets on the rails....... If you have a Bakflip, go check the top corners of your bed rails to see if you have any dimpling or bump and let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 75

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is one of your clamps installed right under in that location? Not a problem on mine (going from memory). Did you Conan the socket?

OP
OP
O

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is one of your clamps installed right under in that location? Not a problem on mine (going from memory). Did you Conan the socket?

The clamps are close to the area but they dont touch the top....... Im wondering if by tightening the clamp, it pulled something and caused the dimple.
You can barely see the bump on the pic, but it is there.:emotions122:

Upen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the dimple too. I never looked into it to deeply but I have an F1. it's been on there and like that for almost a year now so I'm not to worried.

OP
OP
O

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the dimple too. I never looked into it to deeply but I have an F1. it's been on there and like that for almost a year now so I'm not to worried.

Im sure its just a cosmetic thing and not something that will affect the truck.... but I wasnt sure if I had them before I put on the F1.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I have the bumps too. I noticed mine after I had my Line X done. I assumed they popped the bedrail caps loose and didn't snap them back down correctly. My clamps aren't where the bumps are located.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same bumps or whatever... I think that I had mine before the F1.