Anyone here with hood decal AND a 3M clear bra?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really wish they didn't call them bras, but whatever... :crazy:

Do any of you have the hood graphics package AND a clear bra of some sort installed on your Raptor? If so, does the clear bra film overlap the hood graphics or were you able to find a version that doesn't come up that far?

Thanks.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell, I am trying to find a place to install clear bra on my truck around here.

OP
OP
Double Tap

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, I am trying to find a place to install clear bra on my truck around here.

Well I've found several sources online for them and I have a really good window tint guy that I've known for about 15 years and have used on about five or six vehicles now... so I think he can probably do the work.

I just need to find a kit that doesn't come too far up the hood toward the window. Most of them that I've found actually come up as far as the hood vents. All I really want is the first 6 inches or so.

[insert inappropriate jokes here]

Just enough film to cover the leading edge of the hood and protect it from rock chips.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Allow me to rephrase, then... I can find it online all over the place in kits and jazz, but I don't really have the time to do it. I'd love to apply it since I like doing that shit, but I just can't right now.

The closest place is about an hour from me and while that's not far at all, I can't get the place to pick up the damn phone!

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It you don't want it going over the hood graphics, cut the bra about 1/8 inch shy of the hood graphics. Do not let it lay over the graphics and the truck in one piece. Water will get behind the bra where the graphics meets paint. The only solution to this is to cut the bra about 1/8 inch from the edge of the graphics and about 1/8 inch on the graphics. This will allow the bra to lay down completely and not having to worry about getting water behind the bra. Many of us Shelby owners have done it this way and it works out great. I have not had any problems with mine in about 3 years.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got both on mine.

It looks great! He placed the clear bra on and freehanded around the decal and cut the clear bra short of the decal by about 1/8"

I'll get pics later.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here ya go...

Hope this helps:

1345-img-1078.jpg

1346-img-1077.jpg

1347-a.jpg

1349-a.jpg

Last edited: