Anyone have a Rollbak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GP@PPG

Reaction score
I don't know if it helps any but I have had three trucks now with rollnlocks on all of them and as long as the install is square, it moves silky smooth. My first one was anodized black, since they have gone to a really high grade black vinyl. The Fla. sun is as tough as a test can get just about, for durability in the elements. JME...GP

Last edited:

yarom

Reaction score
BakFlip RollBak cover review

I just had a new Bak Industries , Rollbak, installed.

In one word - utter crap (OK, maybe two words).

I am so sorry I got this and not one of the high quality ones, like Pace Edwards, or even Retrax.

Tolerances are not existent. The cassette is made from flimsy plastic, that is all wavy, not well bonded to the end caps and was cracked when unpacking (shipping box was intact).

All fits and finishes are raw, poor and loose. As is, that cover will leak plenty on day one. Had to add a pile of sealant strip and gasket material to plug some giant gaps.

This was installed by a professional crew that has done hundreds of covers (rack n' road in Bellevue, WA) and they could not believe how poorly it was made.

So do yourself a favor, just because it's a big company that sells a lot of covers, does not mean they are any good. Certainly not in this case and certainly not for the Raptor. Absolutely spend a little more and get a high quality product, which this one is not..

Attachments

• IMAG0678.jpg
    IMAG0678.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0676.jpg
    IMAG0676.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0672.jpg
    IMAG0672.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0671.jpg
    IMAG0671.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 76

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it comes to retractable covers, You get what you pay for. Their is a reason why the Roll Bak is priced so much lower than the bigger names.

Hands down GATORTRAX is the way to go. Best warranty in its class, Great product, super easy to install no drilling required, and not to mention they have by far the best customer service out their.

Isn't Gatortrax just a rebranded Retrax?