Amp running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

:||Raptor||:

Reaction score
So I have a pair of Amp research power running boards that came from a 2006 GMC Sierra. Anyone tried to put some power running boards from a GM vehicle on the Raptor? I'm guessing it would need some kind of electrical adapter at a minimum. Would be nice to save 1k since the Raptor just took my other 50k hehe.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sure if the length will work it could be adapted somehow. I'd assume the power for the relay comes from the dome lights?

OP
OP
R

:||Raptor||:

Reaction score
What's wrong with the stock running boards
The stock ones suck. I don't need them hitting every rock I pass by. I just need them out when I need to get in/out of the truck. IMO, it's pointless to even have running boards hanging off the side of your truck 24/7, unless you drive like Ace Ventura, then I could see the use for them.

ADDGrant

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my stock running boards save my entire drives side door all the way back by breaking a boulder. Had it not been for the running boards, I'd have a whole lot of damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mistake if you off road a lot. Street Queen you bet. Have seen them give up after 6 months of bad fine dust.

Had my amp research steps on my rig with no problems, mud dust ect. Only down side is no protecting from rock chips, but oh well. And if mine do ever go out which I don't see happening my buddy is lead engineer for them so I am sure a 6 pack would get em fixed =P

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have amps on my truck and yes there is rock chips from my last run ( toy run 200 miles ) so if you want a pretty truck maybe the stock running boards would be best. If you don't care like I don't some rock chips only adds to the truck then go with the amps I love the look and yes it works muct better for entry and exit.