Aluminum front grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if there was or if anyone has access to a water jet to make a aluminum front grill? I punched a small hole in the front of mine on a jeep trail with a limb sticking out. Just think a metal one would hold up much better and aluminum is light weight.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
it would take a tremendous amount of time and money to do that...but i'll be interested to see what you guys come up with.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Aluminum is light - but also lightweight. If a tree branch can poke a hole in the plastic one, it may do the same with an aluminum one. Go stainless if it's in the budget. That would look heavy, and be more invincible than your bumper. I wouldn't recommend No. 6 finish (mirror) - but a No. 2 would look cool.

ryanpowell167

Reaction score
Just remember it's heavier than the plastic one one there and the only thing it's attached to is the fiberglass hood. Have you closed your hood and felt the grill bounce around. Just imagine it being made of metal and weighing 5 more lbs. Now jump that thing 100 or so times and factor in potholes and other bouncy road hazards. Can you say stress cracks? Plus you could probably buy 3 oem ones for what a machinist will charge you to make a prototype.