Adams or chemicalguys trim

Best trim and line x product

• Adams polishes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Chemcial guys

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aright so when I bought my truck the heat extractors on the hood looked amazing but when I washed it a few times it faded to that ugly nasty gray/ calcium build up that water leaves behind. Did a bit of research and have descided to narrow my list with with one of the two, Adams and the Chemcial guys trim restor kits. Anyone wanna help or put in their two cents on which one works best and last the longest? Appreciate the help

southpaw14_2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep both kits in my detail shop. At that price point they are about 50/50 on each other and with proper drying time they want run down your paint or sling off like cheap tire foam does. The top of the line though would probably be swiss vax.

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep both kits in my detail shop. At that price point they are about 50/50 on each other and with proper drying time they want run down your paint or sling off like cheap tire foam does. The top of the line though would probably be swiss vax.

Would u recommend this on the running boards as well?

southpaw14_2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would u recommend this on the running boards as well?

No I personally use croftgate tires shine with a foam pad to rub into the grit area on the running boards. Its one of the few chemicals I have found that will give the running boards that deep black look without having the risk of slipping and falling out of the truck from a strong oil based product.

I use the Chemical Guys VRP or the adams similar item on all things exterior black plastic. The adams shimmer does seem to last a little longer than the chemical guys but no crazy difference to me.

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I personally use croftgate tires shine with a foam pad to rub into the grit area on the running boards. Its one of the few chemicals I have found that will give the running boards that deep black look without having the risk of slipping and falling out of the truck from a strong oil based product.

I use the Chemical Guys VRP or the adams similar item on all things exterior black plastic. The adams shimmer does seem to last a little longer than the chemical guys but no crazy difference to me.

Where can I get that croftgate tire shine?

I don't really trust any detail shop around where I live so that's why I usually do all the detailing myself. Thanks for the help southpaw

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adams Guard and Gloss - everything black. Zero slick shit on my chariot.

Super VRT for all the trim when it starts looking a little ragged. Trim around the windows, mirrors, vents, tires - amazing stuff and lasts forever!!!

Adam's makes a tired looking Raptor look better than store-room new.

And what other vendor like this makes one of these for us?:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f209/adams-polishes-detailing-guide-45736/?highlight=adams

southpaw14_2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I get that croftgate tire shine?

I don't really trust any detail shop around where I live so that's why I usually do all the detailing myself. Thanks for the help southpaw

https://www.croftgateusa.com is their main site but it can be purchased on a variety of sites. They are a completely waterless company and I have used them on everything from Race boats, RV's to airplanes.

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank y'all for the input!

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Adams Guard and Gloss - everything black. Zero slick shit on my chariot.

Super VRT for all the trim when it starts looking a little ragged. Trim around the windows, mirrors, vents, tires - amazing stuff and lasts forever!!!

Adam's makes a tired looking Raptor look better than store-room new.

And what other vendor like this makes one of these for us?:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f209/adams-polishes-detailing-guide-45736/?highlight=adams

Adams gaurd and gloss will go good on the running boards?

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

https://www.croftgateusa.com is their main site but it can be purchased on a variety of sites. They are a completely waterless company and I have used them on everything from Race boats, RV's to airplanes.

Thank you bro. Gonna really look into t

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank y'all for the input!

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Adams gaurd and gloss will go good on the running boards?

I haven't thought to try it on the running boards. It works really well on the hood and side vents and makes the grill look amazing.