GEN 1 37" spare under bed (stock location)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Bottom Line Upfront: I want to compile all the information available about getting a 37" spare mounted under the bed in the stock location.

Modifications required seem to include: Turn-down exhaust, dovetail (type) rear bumper (specifically to remove the lower mounting points), and stock diff cover.

Many say a smaller 37 (BFG A/T) will fit with no modification (besides maybe exhaust?).

Speaking with Corey at RPG, he suggest one of his bumpers / trailer hitch, and removing some material from the spring hangers mount, and boxing that in (welding and fabrication).

Does anyone know if other bumpers will accomplish this same goal? SVC Baja V2 or V3? what about ADD, Rogue Racing, others?

If anyone has accomplished this, please post the details, such as modifications required and tire brand.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
corey knows his shit, call svc if you want to know about their bumpers, they are extremely helpful and easy to deal with, i have a v3 rear, my son has the rpg (not yet installed), i cant help you about the fit as i have a chase rack and a turn down exhaust and the 37 ko2s (as you stated not true 37's). I know there is some friction between the two shops but I can honestly say that I have been treated fairly by both and I love talking to them, they have great ideas and all the knowledge

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

37" spare under bed (stock location)

I am pretty sure you can put a BFG 37 under with the stock bumper. I think getting a bumper that’s minimal like a dove tail type with a tire underneath doesn’t look right. The stock bumper hides the tire.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking with Corey at RPG, he suggest one of his bumpers / trailer hitch, and removing some material from the spring hangers mount, and boxing that in (welding and fabrication).

Trucktreehouse, were you able to get more information about boxing out the frame after you cut the material from the spring hanger mount? I tried to stuff a 37 Toyo MT under there today and there is no way it would fit without some major cutting. I fear that I will weaken critical suspension mounting points if I don't add more structure after cutting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free