2011 ford raptor 3m clear bra 3m paint protection film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to share a great experience and a solid product.
Like all of us or at least most of us my dealer tried selling me the 3M clear bra for about $750.00. Really liked the idea and the product but not the price so much . Well a little research and I found the same product on E-Bay and pulled the trigger . First I cannot say enough about the seller . Outstanding support , great training materials provided , very fast shipment . I had it in 2 days. On top of this the seller made himself available for any questions or support needed .
Regarding the install of this product : It is not hard , but you have to have patience and it does not hurt to have someone around to give you a hand , especially on the hood piece. Also have realistic expectations on the results. If you are at al DYI this is not a hard project . It can be a little more difficult on Dark colors , as it will show any mistakes easier then light colors.
You can save over / up to $500.00 dollars taking this on yourself. Best advice on this is KEEP IT WET and GO SLOW .
Check out the below : Also hit YouTube and you can find videos of the install process.
2011 FORD RAPTOR 3M CLEAR BRA 3M PAINT PROTECTION FILM - eBay (item 380309105538 end time Jun-17-11 08:25:35 PDT)

eBay My World - chipgardman

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did this for my headlights on one of my previous vehicles and it was awesome protection. The only thing that I don't really care for is how it yellows/pales after time. Especially after sitting out in the sun down here in Florida -- it really looks like ass.

But the protection is nice.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this installed on my Shelby since 08 when the car was new. It still looks good and you can't tell it on the car except at certain angles. I had it installed by a pro and it was expensive then. I recommend it if you want to keep the front looking good especially if you go out in the sand with others.

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well worth it. Here in Texas we get love bugs twice a season. If you dont remove the bug splatter, it can ruin the paint.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well worth it. Here in Texas we get love bugs twice a season. If you dont remove the bug splatter, it can ruin the paint.

GAWD I hated those lil fuggers!!

I was planning on adding clear bra to mine but procrastination got the best of me. now I have 3 rock chips to fix before I can put one on.

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GAWD I hated those lil fuggers! I know I hate them too. They say A&M developed them to help control Mosquitoes??

I also installed the film on the outer mirrors and behind the rear tires. I would not suggest buying the kit and installing yourself unless you have experience in window tinting or large decal applications. Its not hard, but you must have patience and have someone there (with same skills) to help. The outer mirrors were not easy for me.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I have the 3M product on the front, mirrors, behind rear tires. white shows the fading more.

f22 4x4

Reaction score
I also put this on the mirrors, headlights, hood and front part of fenders. Not a hard kit to put on but yes, 1 more person for the hood would have been nice. My only comment is don't be afraid to stretch it and never cut it. I can barely see it on the truck and thought it was well worth it. They say the yellowing is from a yellow paste wax and clear wax will not do that. Purely hearsay and mine has not been on long enough.