2 years into taped on mud flaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
14523824576682105172148.jpg

Hey guys. So 2 years ago I had a guy hit my passenger step with his van, breaking it. I removed both and in a pinch used 20 lb per inch double sided exterior tape to put these NAPA heavy rubber truck flaps on. They have never budged and are still rock solid. I still can't belive it. Just thought I'd post it after all this time. Sorry about the pic, uploaded from my phone.

DP

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

What part of the country do you live and is it your daily driver?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Impressive for sure.
My driver side tire tries to ripoff mine every morning I back out the driveway. The stainless steel screws keep the PDP mud flaps in place for me.

Help out the family's that these heroes left behind fighting for YOUR Freedom.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=840845
Donate now!

Yukon Joe
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
www.runraptorrun.com

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Salt Lake City, UT. It is my daily, sees some fast dirt at least one weekend a month in the non snow months, and lots and lots of salt/snow for 3 months or so of the year. Temps in the low 100's in the summer and have seen sustained -15ish degrees next to the river in the winters. That and a pressure washer weekly. I thought they'd have fallen off midway through our first winter. I bought 4 of them for $20, but never needed the second pair.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Just coming up on year three. Still rock solid. Kinda blows my mind. The rubber on the bottom of the flaps is actually starting to deteriorate a bit. Pretty funny. When I put my 37s on at geiser low perch I thought I'd pull them off for sure.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the 3m vhb is some awesome tape. I have beveled 3" wide glass mirror as a trim held onto the the main mirror above one of the beds in a rental unit that is held on with 3m glass vhb and if you try to pull it off you break the glass before it budges.

But 3ys outside in cold and heat is damn impressive for a mudflap.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Just coming up on year three. Still rock solid. Kinda blows my mind. The rubber on the bottom of the flaps is actually starting to deteriorate a bit. Pretty funny. When I put my 37s on at geiser low perch I thought I'd pull them off for sure.

Recently put 37's & Boatecs on with OEM rims so had to pull off my running board extensions. Was wondering if I'd tear off mud flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk