12V power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^What he said^^^. Fast and easy.

It also depends on what you are doing. You could tap into the 7 pin connector if you wanted to.

I ran a 10 gauge wire from the battery (fused) to the bed in order to install bed lights and a power outlet. 156 LEDs:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HarleyGirl

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I have a whipzilla led light. I had it on my hitch receiver, wired to my 4 pin. I have a chase rack now & I want to mount it there, near the cab. Nothing permanent, just something I can plug & unplug when needed.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thirds on the direct from battery with a fuse.
You can run it down the passenger side inside the frame, or along it.
For that whip, a 5 or 10 amp fuse should be fine. But you should check with the manufacturer.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a whipzilla led light. I had it on my hitch receiver, wired to my 4 pin. I have a chase rack now & I want to mount it there, near the cab. Nothing permanent, just something I can plug & unplug when needed.

Ok, if that's all you need it for, you could always just buy an extension. They are available at auto stores or online. A 60" 4 pin trailer plug extension should work (they come in a verity of lengths). You only need it during runs, correct? Maybe, get one longer than what you need and secure the slack. GL

Plug n play baby!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, if that's all you need it for, you could always just buy an extension. They are available at auto stores or online. A 60" 4 pin trailer plug extension should work (they come in a verity of lengths). You only need it during runs, correct? Maybe, get one longer than what you need and secure the slack. GL

Plug n play baby!
I've done the same thing to run my whip.... that setup works great for on road and campsites. But be cautious with it offroad. I pinched mine off the first lap at TRR.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

HEAVYDUTY

Reaction score
anyone have a video on how to do this?

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

^^^What he said^^^. Fast and easy.

It also depends on what you are doing. You could tap into the 7 pin connector if you wanted to.

I ran a 10 gauge wire from the battery (fused) to the bed in order to install bed lights and a power outlet. 156 LEDs:

You wouldn't happen to have a video on how to do this?