1 piece rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike McG

Reaction score
Hey guys, just ordered a 2014 last week, and I've never been a fan of the opening rear windows. I was informed that Raptors are only offered with the opening rear window is that true? Thanks!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup that's true. But you can have it replaced with a solid piece. Rasco had his replaced with a solid piece after smashing his rear window at TRR haha so if you smash it you might be able to get the insurance to reace it!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always forget to shut it one night came one and next morning wide open luckily no snow got in

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that's true. But you can have it replaced with a solid piece. Rasco had his replaced with a solid piece after smashing his rear window at TRR haha so if you smash it you might be able to get the insurance to reace it!

If you replace with a solid window can you still retain the de-frost?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just ordered a 2014 last week, and I've never been a fan of the opening rear windows. I was informed that Raptors are only offered with the opening rear window is that true? Thanks!

Why aren't you a fan of opening rear windows? Is it a looks thing or what?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I like the 1 piece Toyota rear window, which moves up and down. The tiny sliding window, in the Raptor, is ok when you have the moon roof open, I think it allows more air flow through the cab.

I had a short in my defrost grid in the rear window and my dealer replaced the window rather than f with the grid. I never asked about getting a one piece. I figured that if they were willing to replace a $400 window, why push it.