Who has a full cage? I have questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bilwil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I am looking to have a cage done in my 2013 SCAB and am looking for feedback from anyone who has one. I plan to run the truck in a few events so I need to get a cage that can be tagged.

Who did you use? What was the cost? How long did they take to do it? What are your thoughts now that it is done?

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks!!

Bill

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
What events do you plan on doing? I believe SCORE is the only series that requires a yearly tag($250 a year).
How extensive of a cage are you looking for? Cab only or bumper to bumper?
Are you looking for a Raptor only shop or any capable shop that cam build you a race legal cage?

Reason for the ?'s is it could range from $6000-$40000

OP
OP
Bilwil

Bilwil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What events do you plan on doing? I believe SCORE is the only series that requires a yearly tag($250 a year).
How extensive of a cage are you looking for? Cab only or bumper to bumper?
Are you looking for a Raptor only shop or any capable shop that cam build you a race legal cage?

Reason for the ?'s is it could range from $6000-$40000

At this point a cab only cage. I plan to do a full front to rear cage but for now i just need the cab cage. I want to run some of the B.O.R. races and they require a cage. Does not need to be tagged for them but since I am putting a cage in I figure I should at least start with one that can get tagged. It keeps my options open. I am open to any reputable shop, it does not have to be a Raptor specific shop.

Thanks for replying!

Bill

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
If your down to travel I'd strongly suggest talking with Richer Racing in Oceanside or Good Knight Racing in Temecula. Go through hundreds of pics and save what you what done, go into the conversation with as much knowledge as possible

Main cage structure needs to be 2" .120 wall, I'd use DOM over 4130. Personally I'd use .90 DOM for everything beside the main cage structure just to save weight

My cage is 100% .120 wall and it's a VERY VERY heavy truck, and it really didn't need to be

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as tubing, all the sanctioning bodies are slowly moving to 2" from what I've seen if you want to stay ahead of the power curve.

Cash is king when it comes to custom work like this, the more you pay, the more priority is given to your build over others and the faster it gets done. The ballpark cost seems to run around 8-12k.

I've seen them get done in under a month and I've seen them take over six.

I've also seen that the bigger the shop, the faster they usually get done due to more personnel who can dedicate time to the build; while still leaving plenty of guys to handle the normal bolt on stuff people come in for on a daily basis.

Everything can be hit or miss though with that - personally I suggest going to all sorts of fab shops to get a quote - don't just limit your options.

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might as well hit up Camburg, Brenthel and HM Racing as well. Doesn't hurt to get quotes from them. I hear nothing but good things about Richer Racing too.

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk to TJ Flores at Champion Race Works. He's in North Vegas and is a professional racer in the TT unlimited class. His shop is immaculate, full of TT, Class 1 buggies and other high end custom builds. He is actually supposed to be caging my truck right now while I'm out of the country, however, my raptor had other plans and is currently sitting at the dealership waiting to be repaired.

I talked to tons of different shops, both raptor specific and non. He's the guy I'm choosing to do my truck for many reasons, some being pricing and the time-frame he can do it in. Plus he is one of the only shops that actually listened to what I WANT and was willing to make it happen.

Tell him Cameron sent you. Good luck.

OP
OP
Bilwil

Bilwil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk to TJ Flores at Champion Race Works. He's in North Vegas and is a professional racer in the TT unlimited class. His shop is immaculate, full of TT, Class 1 buggies and other high end custom builds. He is actually supposed to be caging my truck right now while I'm out of the country, however, my raptor had other plans and is currently sitting at the dealership waiting to be repaired.

I talked to tons of different shops, both raptor specific and non. He's the guy I'm choosing to do my truck for many reasons, some being pricing and the time-frame he can do it in. Plus he is one of the only shops that actually listened to what I WANT and was willing to make it happen.

Tell him Cameron sent you. Good luck.

Thank you sir, I will call and talk to them

Bill