wanting to put in foot well lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

64auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into putting lights on both front wells and in the back on both sides. I was wondering if I am going to have to tie in at passenger side kick panel an run wire al through the truck or is there wires under the seal plates I can use for each light. If so what color would they be it is a 2012 4dr. I want them to come on with dome lights

Last edited:

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the OEM kick panels ($100 each) by the stereo and wired off the PRNDL indicator lights.

2014 Terrain SuperCrew
Vortex Mud Guards ~ Husky Floor Liners ~ Rigid Dually Flushmounts ~ Rigid Dually Clear & Amber Fogs ~ Recon Smoked Mirror Lights ~ Bakflip FiberMax & BakBox ~ SVC Tune ~ Rigid 20" E2 Series - Combo ~ Mid Perch ~ Underhood & Bedlights by Noah

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the OEM kick panels ($100 each) by the stereo and wired off the PRNDL indicator lights.

2014 Terrain SuperCrew
Vortex Mud Guards ~ Husky Floor Liners ~ Rigid Dually Flushmounts ~ Rigid Dually Clear & Amber Fogs ~ Recon Smoked Mirror Lights ~ Bakflip FiberMax & BakBox ~ SVC Tune ~ Rigid 20" E2 Series - Combo ~ Mid Perch ~ Underhood & Bedlights by Noah

Was planning the same but not sure where you tapped the wiring to. What is the PRNDL indicator lights? Do you know where the dome light wire is located?

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was planning the same but not sure where you tapped the wiring to. What is the PRNDL indicator lights? Do you know where the dome light wore is located?
dome light is grey/purple at the bcm. grey 12 pin plug. pin 1

puddle lamp is purple at the bcm black 26pin plug. pin 1 as well.

bcm is the fuse/junction box in the passenger kick. you could probably find the wires on the drivers side, but it is really simple to run wires in the truck. better to have one connection/relay rather than multiple connections