Urgent help!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1fastk

Reaction score
I have a 13 screw and both driver and passenger doors have started squeaking loudly when opening or closing the doors...The source of the squeaks are coming from the seals up between the door and the body up by the mirror... To me it seems as if they have maybe folded over themselves...Here is a picture of how mine or now folded can someone whos doors dont squeak please post a picture of how they should be so I can try to correct mine...

Attachments

• 20151219_130539.jpg
    20151219_130539.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 132
OP
OP
1fastk

1fastk

Reaction score
Yea I will once i figure out if the seal is supposed to be folded in or folded out...With it being half in and half out i dont think thats how its supposed to be.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Like he said ^

Dry lubricant on the seals. Also, if it ever starts popping, you will need to tighten the two bolts around the door detent hinge thingy. Mine was squeaking and popping.

OP
OP
1fastk

1fastk

Reaction score
Wolf thanks alot for the picture...After looking closely at yours more of my seal at the top happened to be folded inside the door on top of itself, which is hard to tell from my picture...i fixed mine exactly like yours is and it completely eliminated the squeak without having to use any lube.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, your hinges look dirty. Surely after you took those pictures, your OCD kicked in and you grabbed something from your Adams cabinet and fixed that up, right?

Yes, they are dirty.

Yes, my OCD kicked in and I debated whether to post the pics for fear of ridicule.

No, I have not cleaned them yet, still hoping the snow quits and I can wash the truck tomorrow.

The hinges and jambs have Quick Sealant on them, so cleanup will be easy!