Tuffy Troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, not with the product (yet), but I ordered the #287-01 and I was informed that it was on back order, but would ship on or before 4/8/13. No problem.

But that date came and went and when I contacted them, they said that the back order continued and probably won't ship until 4/19/13... I will be on the Lost Coast Raptor run on that date. Now I am thinking about canceling the order and getting the Ford tub for a lot less $$.

Anybody else have these issues with Tuffy? I've done business with them before in 2005, but maybe things have changed there..?

CHEERS!

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, not with the product (yet), but I ordered the #287-01 and I was informed that it was on back order, but would ship on or before 4/8/13. No problem.

But that date came and went and when I contacted them, they said that the back order continued and probably won't ship until 4/19/13... I will be on the Lost Coast Raptor run on that date. Now I am thinking about canceling the order and getting the Ford tub for a lot less $$.

Anybody else have these issues with Tuffy? I've done business with them before in 2005, but maybe things have changed there..?

CHEERS!

I have one of these and love it. Based on the ****** economy, no one wants to keep inventory anymore. Its worth the wait versus that plastic ford tub with no lid.

Did you try therse guys?

Tuffy 287-01 - Tuffy Security Products Rear Under the Seat Lock Box for 09-11 Ford F-150 & Raptor Crew Cab with or without Subwoofer - SuperTruck Essentials

OP
OP
plotshots

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of these and love it. Based on the ****** economy, no one wants to keep inventory anymore. Its worth the wait versus that plastic ford tub with no lid.

Did you try therse guys?

Tuffy 287-01 - Tuffy Security Products Rear Under the Seat Lock Box for 09-11 Ford F-150 & Raptor Crew Cab with or without Subwoofer - SuperTruck Essentials

I just called SuperTruck Essentials and they said that they are direct ordered from Tuffy, which is who I directly placed my order with, so it's all in the same back-order boat, unfortunately.
:mad3:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just called SuperTruck Essentials and they said that they are direct ordered from Tuffy, which is who I directly placed my order with, so it's all in the same back-order boat, unfortunately.
:mad3:

Well unless you are in a rush, I would wait a few weeks. Its worth it, its a sweet lock box.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your looking for one for a screw, I got one. Brand new, never installed. $200 bucks and we can meet up somewhere around. Some moron ordered the wrong one.

OP
OP
plotshots

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your looking for one for a screw, I got one. Brand new, never installed. $200 bucks and we can meet up somewhere around. Some moron ordered the wrong one.

Seriously?
Is it for the one with the space for the Sony subwoofer?

OP
OP
plotshots

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It was nice to meet you today, Cups. Sorry you found out that you bought the correct box 2x... For you and me. LOL.

<Sigh>
I'm still waiting on Tuffy then.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes its good to meet. Disappointing to find I'm a bigger moron than I thought. Guess I'll just but another Raptor to go with the box.