Tuffy Security or Console Vault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstennes

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding which console vault I want to go with, as I see it they both offer more security, but that's just piece of mind as nothing is 100%. I plan on using it to store my spare G19 or 1911, and that's it, and or have a quickly available pistol if needed quick. I already have a stuffy under seat lock box with a rifle, but that takes time, plus if I can't CCW I need a safe, secure spot. I see both are used allot here but which is better and why? What are the pros and cons of both?
ETA; I also have another Tuffy Lock box, in a custom mount behind the right rear side passenger seat, with a custom mod to the lock which makes it easier to access, but still slow to impossible to get to in a emergency when it's needed fast, but it is hidden and unless you knew where and how to look pretty impossible to know about.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I picked up a Tuffy because the tray still fit. I even switched the keyed lock for a 3-digit combination lock and the tray still fits. My only complaint is that there is a slight rattle when locked, but I'm sure I could add some padding if it bothered me enough.

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post some pics of what you got under the seat ( is it under the rear ) and the console box. I'm interested in this thread .

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In hindsight, don't get console vault

The front bracket of the console vault doesn't fit in the 2012 SCREW console, the bump out inside the console is in the way, so, the front bracket is just scrap metal. It's a tight fit getting the lid in place. There is no note or warning on the console vault web site, no response from customer service either. I cut a notch out of the tray so it would fit over the lock. Got this as a gift, so, in hindsight, should have returned it for something that fit without compromising the structural design of the vault.

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Can you post some pics of what you got under the seat ( is it under the rear ) and the console box. I'm interested in this thread .

I have the under seat box, which is on their web site, the other box is their sercurity valuables box who's is mounted behind the right rear passengers seat. I have pictures in another thread here on that setup.