Tuffy lock box solution with pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstennes

Reaction score
Tuffy lock box solution

Before I decided to install a console vault, I came up with this idea that has actually worked out pretty good, I also have the under seat box, which after installing wouldn't allow my hidden lock box to be easily accessed, by moving it to behind the rear passengers back seat it is actually quicker to access since it's just a quarter seat. I used a piece of angle iron 2x2x1/4, than welded a plate that was the same size as the holder for the lock box. I mounted it to the rear seat studs,most it's not going anywhere, by using 1/4 angle iron it's not going to be pried or bent. To access it, I added some para cord to the rear latch so all you have to do is pull the cord and the rear seat back will pop forward. I hid the part cord in plain sight by tucking it under the seat cover and around the head rest post, to the causal looker you won't even notice it, and if it's dark or your in a rush it just looks like part of the seat cover. When I first started on it, I had it secured by regular nuts that were cleaned than red Loctite was installed, since then I went and picked up some "security" nuts that were red Loctited. I know it's not 100%, but nothing is, but it held a spare G19 and mag for over a year and a half.
ETA, It would only load one picture per post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Here is the hidden in plain sight para cord

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 112
OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Here's how I modified this seat back release, the next one I do, I plan on drilling the the end of the release, and using a small key ring to attach the para cord, beauty of 550 cord is the colors available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Great idea. I like the latch extension you created for the seat.

Vote for your favorite pic
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/january-2017-calendar-vote-46906/
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Thank you, I will post a picture later of my improved latch, these were made by taking some old LaRue quick release sight/scope mount wrenches that come with all of LaRue's quick release mounts, the hole diameter is perfect to slip over the factory release, and throw a quick tack on it, than cut to size, to long and the seat won't catch and hold. The plate I made is strong enough to resist any prying from below and very little at the very top, by mounting the screws and using Allen head, with red Loctite, there is no way their coming out without removing the lock box itself and probably grinding the heads off as the Allen head will most likely round before the Loctite releases. I went with the keyed lock over the push button for the simple fact that it shares the same as my under seat lock box.

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Here is the seat lock, that I drilled.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
After seeing this ******** a mini Maglight Solitare, I honestly think this would be the best attachment pint, the hole I drilled was to large in my opinion, and this is a smaller ring than I had. If you have the welder, think it may be the best route still, just make sure you spray it down with a good lubricant as the welding heat will burn all the oil off, I used white lithium, which after spraying it throughly and wiping it down, it actually works easier than before I modified it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 90