Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wvaboy

Reaction score
Supercrew
Suggestions on 35 front with the 20 on the back
is it worth the chance to do the 20 on the front to match the back doors???

I know people on here do both, scared the 35 on the fronts doors will look bad with the 20 on the back.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It'll be noticeable. If you're comfortable doing 20 on the front then go for it.

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supercrew
Suggestions on 35 front with the 20 on the back
is it worth the chance to do the 20 on the front to match the back doors???

I know people on here do both, scared the 35 on the fronts doors will look bad with the 20 on the back.

Are you in WV?

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Don't go near Annapolis, MD w/o a full wallet. There's one A-hole trooper that'll pull you over for the most absurd ridiculous shit.

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Don't go near Annapolis, MD w/o a full wallet. There's one A-hole trooper that'll pull you over for the most absurd ridiculous shit.

Out of state they normally don't mess with you unless he's a real *******. My brother is a MD State Trooper but out of the Frederick barrack. He doesn't mess with people for tint, especially out of staters.

I've had 35 front and 20 back on other vehicles and it doesn't look bad at all especially if you have a dark interior.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't believe they can enforce tint laws on a vehicle registered out of state. I definitely know they cannot enforce the laws of another state so even if you're in violation in your own state they cannot hold that against you.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MobileBeats is right. They cant write a ticket if the vehicle is registered out of state.
Ive always done 20% on the fronts, 5% on the back windows and never been messed with. I had a cop say something one time about it, but he was our high school cop and flirted with every girl in the school. My girlfriend at the time started giving him shit (in a joking way) and he quickly forgot about the tint. The biggest reason for tint laws is cops not being able to see inside when they pull you over. Ive always rolled my windows down and kept 2 hands in plain sight when I get pulled over to make them feel a little more at ease. In most states, the back windows and any extra cab windows can be as dark as you want. Its the front 2 theyre worried about. I know some tint shops will offer a deal where you pay extra up front, and if you ever get a ticket for it theyll peel it off and replace it after you get the ticket cleared. They never advertise it but some places will do it if you ask.

BTW, I grew up in MD about 20 min from Annapolis. Im not saying theyre not really strict, but Ive never been pulled over there.

Last edited:

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I have 15 since I was living in FL when I had it applied and I wish I didn't have it that dark now up here in Mi. For the 8 months of the year it's winter it's hard for me to see since it's dark when I go to work and when I come home.

Think about all times of year and driving areas when considering tint. It looks nice, but kind of a pain since I need to roll down my windows and it's freaking cold out!